628481237_sydVs-XL.jpg

628498663_jZ2Gw-XL.jpg
5D mark II, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8 L IS
EF 2.0x II extender BG-E6

Comments

• Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    1) Need to see more of her right leg the pose gives the right leg a weird shape.

2) Love it bowdown.gif

3) Acquired pose, I don't like it at all.

Take Care,
    Charles
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    blaser321blaser321 Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    yea I like 2 the best also
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Very nice job on the high key and great model. If you wanted to improve these a little on 1 try to bring that front leg across a little more, that would narrow the hips a little more. Yes she is thin but I haven't met a lady yet who wanted to look a little thinner there.

On 2 try not to show a ladies back of the hand. As a general rule that is frowned on. It wouldl have been more seductive if you rolled her back on her right hip and then bring the top leg forward and touch the knee to the floor. That rounds out the hip nicely. Drop her chin and have her look up with her eyes.

On 3 (which I like the best) have her lean forward just a bit and poke her tush out just a little.

These are just rules. I'm sure she totally loves these and like I said the high key is super.
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    I love the high key! Great skin tones, very nice. The only thing I would have liked to have seen (and not a pro here, just a girl who loves fashion and America's Next top Model) is for the model to have used and stretched her lines. She's gorgeous, but she needs to elongate a little more. Elongate that neck and practice stretching some contrapposto (so long as it doesn't look forced). The last picture has her thighs together and knees apart, which looks kind of awkward. I second Hackbone on crossing a leg/foot in front a bit more, or standing with legs more apart.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Hey Brian,
    that HK stuff is really addicting, once you "get" it :-)
    • Vantage point is good. I would try get a bit higher on the #2
    • I know you're having fun with PP9, but I think you overdoing the skin
    • Both standing poses look contrived. She looks like she has no idea 'why' she's assuming these particular ones, except you told her..
    • I almost like #2, but remember the "no parallels" rule we were talking about during the worklshop? And now - look at her legs...
    • Last - and very minor - thing: I think you keep cropping them too tight on top. In conjuction with aforementioned contrived poses it almost looks like she's afraid to hit her head on the top of the frame. Give her some space to "grow", man, it would aslo make her look taller.
    HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2009
    All good point I need to look for when I shooting there is just so much to watch for. I think I'm getting closer I think my lighting it better And I just got AC in my garage (studio) that was a big deal as I don't have AC in my house (wife's not so happy) and it's 103 to day but it's not that hot very often here in Long Beach
    thanks
    Bryan
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2009
    blaser321 wrote:
    All good point I need to look for when I shooting there is just so much to watch for. I think I'm getting closer I think my lighting it better And I just got AC in my garage (studio) that was a big deal as I don't have AC in my house (wife's not so happy) and it's 103 to day but it's not that hot very often here in Long Beach
    thanks
    Bryan
    What kind of AC unit did you get?
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2009
    it is a LG 15000 btu it was 400$ at Home Depot
  • Options