Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
edited August 31, 2009 in Street and Documentary
This was done with a single RAW image. Please let me know what you think:

2009-Girls-NJP_2009-DSCF0154_HDR_3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    It looks really cluttered, I'm guessing the clock is the main subject, but it appears a bit flat and nearly pasted onto the trees. I'm not geting any feeling of depth in this photo.

It is a dreamy sort of BW, so maybe all of the above goes into this effect?
  • Options
    brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    I would like to see this in color -

In BW it just is to busy for me and the whites are to bright imo - I like composition but the conversion just is not working for me on this one.
  • Options
    gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Think it depends on what you were looking for. As a design, it's interesting, though maybe varying the objects' contrast will give it focus.

As a photo capturing a scene I think it needs depth and variation as it tends to look to me like everything is on one plane and too sharp equally. I mentioned in another post: the eye and lens is a sphere, with varying degrees of focus, sharpest in the center and less so falling away from the center - and that's controlled by aperture, how far beyond center the scene's light is allowed to fall.

I know nothing about HDR, but if you want a shot based more in the actual light of the scene, open the lens up somewhat and see what you get.

(Be interesting to see the original shot(s) )
  • Options
    Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Thank you for the comments.

I have another shot very similar to this one (non-HDR). As I mentioned in my other HDR posts, I am still learning and experimenting with HDR.

This particular image is a "pseudo-HDR" because it only uses one image (one exposure) instead of 3 or more exposures. I'm sure that would have made a difference too.

As for the B & W, I just wanted to see what it looked like. :)
  • Options
    gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    As for the B & W

B&W is great, great way to experiment with your interest in HDR.

It's great to post for anyone just learning some new technique, and you know more about it than some people (me), so it's instructive for others too.