Options

Competitive price for enhancements/effects

GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited August 31, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi!

I used to offer enhancements for my customers as an intro ( less than a year as a photographer). Now they are getting really popular and I want to put a price on it. The most popular one is "Color Selection".
I have searched online but can't find it average pricing :( maybe it goes by a different name? (photo B&W and a selected section of the photo in its original color). If any of you do this, what would be a fair price for the effect? I would also love to hear what other effects you all offer to your customers :)

Thank you!
GG

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    all the local pros I know do special effects as a way to separate themselves from the Wal mrt and Sears type photogs......so they hgave a catalog (their portfolio) with samples and they charge no moare for it than their regular portraits.......they do charge extra if they actually pick up a brush, pallette and the oil paint and do a actually paint over the print on canvas.........most see it about the same as if they were using filters for effects in camera, but now they do not have to have the filters.....so a special effect is simply their signature style..........a lot of the mare also going to totally digital in studio.....green and blue screen only with a few thousnad backdrops to chooze from all special effects made..............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    all the local pros I know do special effects as a way to separate themselves from the Wal mrt and Sears type photogs......so they hgave a catalog (their portfolio) with samples and they charge no moare for it than their regular portraits.......they do charge extra if they actually pick up a brush, pallette and the oil paint and do a actually paint over the print on canvas.........most see it about the same as if they were using filters for effects in camera, but now they do not have to have the filters.....so a special effect is simply their signature style..........a lot of the mare also going to totally digital in studio.....green and blue screen only with a few thousnad backdrops to chooze from all special effects made..............

Thanks Scott,
    You give me a great idea. However, now I have to figure out how much to charge for prints. I currently, do not charge for prints; the CD is included in their price. I do tell them, that for special effects the prints needs to be ordered through me. Which is good you share what the local pros do! thumb.gif

GG