SOLD: Sigma 18-200 F3.5-6.3 OS Cheap! NIKON

InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
edited September 1, 2009 in Nikon Land
SOLD

Thanks for looking.

So I've got this Sigma 18-200. The OS (VR, optical stabilization) works, and there's really nothing wrong with it except its a bit stiff when zooming from 50-135. When going from 200-18, no stiffness. I kinda got used to it. Always had a UV filter on it so the front of the lens was protected. UV filter will come with the camera, but you might want to replace it. Includes lens caps and hood.

So, nothing really wrong with the lense other than the previously mentioned stiffness. There's not a lot of external wear and tear. Only used for maybe 8,000 shots.

But see, its a budget, consumer level super zoom, and they are great for flexiblity, but I have two bodies anyway, and I started discovering the pro-quality glass offered by Nikon. I used the lens up till I got a 24-70 2.8, and thus, I've got coverage all the way from 10-400mm, and I don't need this lens any more. I can have the whole range pretty much thanks to having two bodies to shoot with, and its all faster glass that I've got.

So here's this little lens. Born in a factory in Japan, it was soon to find itself blasting away in exotic China. Then it was whisked to Japan to revisit its country of birth, and taken from Tokyo, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, and many other places. Finally, it returned to the USA where it was used now and again until finally, the 24-70 was purchased. Now it finds itself sleeping with the flees and hoping someone will rescue it.

Now, I'll sell this lens for only $200, plus shipping.

Below are some photos taken with this lens. I'll put up phtos of the lens, as well as any others that people request in a bit.

Photos below have pretty much minimal processing as near as I can remember. Taken with D300 or D70

D70, Killer Boy China
DSC_7651.jpg

300, Great Wall China
_3016235.jpg

D300, Killer pigeons, Japan
_3023226.jpg

D300, Killer Fashion, Chicago
_3028918.jpg

D300, Killer Crack, Colorado
_3030492.jpg

Comments

• guinkguink Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Sigma lens
    Sending PM
  • AirThomAirThom Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    guink wrote:
    Sending PM
    Was it the Killer Crack that sold you? ;) heh
  • guinkguink Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    AirThom wrote:
    Was it the Killer Crack that sold you? ;) heh

Well, you do have to give him points for creativity! Definitely one of the most amusing ads I've seen here! rolleyes1.gif
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Thank you, thank you.

Awaiting payment, so pretty sure the lens will sold soon.

But please, keep making cracks and jokes.:D