Options

What do you charge for just a wedding DVD

MelMcClainMelMcClain Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited September 3, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi there!

I was just wondering what everyone is charging for a DVD of images taken at a wedding?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    BlakerBlaker Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    MelMcClain wrote:
    Hi there!

I was just wondering what everyone is charging for a DVD of images taken at a wedding?

Thanks!

Your question is too broad to answer here- lots of resources and threads in this and in the wedding forum- lots of wedding photogs will charge a general fee for the entire wedding which includes a certain number of prints and/or digital images, so that even if they don't sell a single print after the wedding they will still have made their profit.

How are you charging now?
  • Options
    MelMcClainMelMcClain Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    We've always done the CD as part of the wedding package for the couple. I now have another party interested in buying a CD which is new..normally they buy prints. I've allowed CD additional purchases on portrait sessions since it's a small number but our weddings range from 350-700 images... not sure I want to sell for as cheap as we do for the portraits.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Answers will vary wildly depending on photographers experience and quality of work.
    We charge $1800. for a full day of wedding photography and all the high resolution photos on a DVD.
    Depending on opportunity typically 600-800 pictures.
    Each photo is fully processed and edited individually for best look and crop.
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    MelMcClain wrote:
    We've always done the CD as part of the wedding package for the couple. I now have another party interested in buying a CD which is new..normally they buy prints. I've allowed CD additional purchases on portrait sessions since it's a small number but our weddings range from 350-700 images... not sure I want to sell for as cheap as we do for the portraits.
    I never sell or send my client's images on a DVD to anyone but them. If someone really wants them, then they can order the prints if my clients want their guests to be able to do it. But, in the end, my client is the only one that has print rights to the images and I'm not going to sell them to anyone. At least not without the original couple's permission. But, even then, I typically just say that I don't offer that product to guests.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User