Options

New member here....needs help

livingliving Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited June 12, 2005 in Finishing School
Hi all,

I am new here, but have been viewing this forum for some time.But i will say was pushed into joining cos i have a problem and hope guys can help out. I have a pic on a particular steel, consisting of black and gray matters. Now i dont know how i can measure its dimensions separately and its area in pixs or other units prefarably.Is it possible with Photoshop?

Comments

• Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    Photoshop has a measurement tool that will allow you to measure the relative distance from point to point. The dimensions it displays will be dependent on the default unit of measure in Photoshop. The distance will be displayed in units horizontal, units virtical, and the relative diagonal distance (with angle).

Depending on your version of Photoshop, the measure tool, should be grouped with the eye dropper tool.

Regards,
    Brad
  • Options
    livingliving Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited June 12, 2005
    Here's the pic, i just want to measure its area and its dimensions(diameter)
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    living wrote:
    Here's the pic, i just want to measure its area and its dimensions(diameter)
    Just right click on the image and click properties and find out that the image is 282 px wide and 259 px tall. It's been a long time since I studied math in college but something tells me the diameter is 2*(282+259) = 1082 pixels and the area is 282*259 = 73038 pixels squared.

You'll need to know how many pixels per inch this image is defined as. If it is a standard web image, it is 72 ppi. So in the case that it is at 72ppi, the image diameter is 1082 / 72 = 15.03 inches and the area is 73038/72^2 = 14.09 in squared.

thumb.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/