Options

Yeah..... Any input would be appreciated!!

lbkgirllbkgirl Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited September 9, 2009 in Go Figure
I wonder if I will be able to find this forum again.... I am still a little lost... but here it goes....

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited June 23, 2009
    lbkgirl wrote:
    I wonder if I will be able to find this forum again.... I am still a little lost... but here it goes....

Hi there and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif

It looks like you forgot to include a pic. headscratch.gif

How to post photos on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Hi there and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif

It looks like you forgot to include a pic. headscratch.gif

How to post photos on Dgrin

Lets see if I got it this time.....
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2009
    Just curious... how long does it usually take in this forum for your post to show up? I want to check back to see if I did it right this time..
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited June 23, 2009
    lbkgirl wrote:
    Just curious... how long does it usually take in this forum for your post to show up? I want to check back to see if I did it right this time..

It varies quite a bit. Anywhere from a few minutes to many hours. Mods aren't always online. Be patient--nothing gets lost, it just take a while sometimes. deal.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    lbkgirl wrote:
    Lets see if I got it this time.....
    You did... Welcome to GF!
    As far as trhe picture goes... It's probably your first implied, so I'm inlicned to say it is OK... thumb.gif
    On a more serious level:
    • model looks tense and uncofortable.
    • background looks nasty and distracting: shallower DOF would help
    • the reason you didn't go for shallow DOF is most likely the midday sun. As a socal resident where a bright unobstructed sun is an everpresent year-around issue I have only few types of remedies:
      a) don't shoot midday, or
      b) if you must - bring a powerful flash or a scren
      c) shoot in a shade
    • best implied poses are those where the model doesn't look like she's depserately trying to hide the hot areas (i.e. nippes and crotch). There are tons of ways to use casually (yet carefully:-) placed limbs, accessories or body twists to turn full nudity into implied one. After all all you need to cover/hide is a few square inches. No need to use car covers or boob grasps to achieve the effect...
    Keep shooting and posting, it will come! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    It varies quite a bit. Anywhere from a few minutes to many hours. Mods aren't always online. Be patient--nothing gets lost, it just take a while sometimes. deal.gif

No worries...... thanks so much for the guidance. Turns out I got it right that time.
  • Options
    mrt10xmrt10x Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    The background looks like a scene from WWII Pacific Island Beach landing... definitely need to go for a shallower DOF. Also the reflection on the wet sand under her armpit is really distracting... IMHO
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    mrt10x wrote:
    The background looks like a scene from WWII Pacific Island Beach landing...
    Laughing.gif I guess I'm not the only one CoDWaW fan here :-) mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    nobodynobody Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    Too bad DSLR's don't come with some low ISO option, like 10 or 25 for situations like this where you might want to shoot in intense light with a wide aperture.
  • Options
    JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    nobody wrote:
    Too bad DSLR's don't come with some low ISO option, like 10 or 25 for situations like this where you might want to shoot in intense light with a wide aperture.

ND filter?
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures