Options

HS Football (in the dark of the night!)

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited September 11, 2009 in Sports
One of my wife's friends is the mother of the QB of this local team. I was asked to go shoot a couple shots for the grandfather of the QB, who turned 90years old (the grandpa, not the QB!) today.

I was pretty pleased with how they turned out. I only spent about one quarter on the field, just kind of walked up and started shooting. The big white lens gives you a bit of a press pass! I printed out some 8by10's and a few 5X7's and everyone was quite pleased.

Random runnning back shots:

Typical HS field, ISO 3200, F2.8 hope and pray for a brief hold in the action to get steady shots!

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• Options
    austinado16austinado16 Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    Those are great! I'll bet they're impressive printed out.

What camera body, and what shutter speed...if you don't mind my asking?
    Let's face it; more gear than sense.

Canon 7D... Canon 70-200/2.8L IS... Canon 28-70/2.8L... Canon 135/f2L... Canon 85/1.8... Canon 50/1.4... Canon 28/1.8
  • Options
    clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    Great shots!! The last two I'd recommend maybe running through noise reduction software though.
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif

Well done!
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2009
    Hey all,

Thanks for the kind notes of encouragement!

I got word back today that Grandpa was thrilled with the photos - they were the hit of the birthday party.

To me, it is very cool to be able to do something nice for someone through my work. Grandpa, at 90 years old, cannot make it to a game, but through what I have learned here, I can put him there - what a thrill for all of us.

The feedback loop is sometimes imperfect, but really gratifying when it works out so well.

Thanks to Dgin for all the help and support. (And I noticed that the origional post was my 1000'th post - how appropriate!)

Z

It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    Z,

As you know, I don't stick my nose in the sports section much anymore, but I gotta' say, these are good shots. I'd be proud to have taken them.

I'm also happy that grandpa gets to see his grandson through your lens.

Very nice job, on both fronts thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2009
    Great Set clap.gif

What shutter speed did you use?
    What camera did you use?

Thanks for posting!

Charles
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    edited September 11, 2009
    Thanks Charles!

Canon 50D, ISO 3200 f4 @ 1/320 to f2.8 @ 1/800th, -1/3 to -2/3 EV

Taken with the 70-200f2.8 at 200mm.

Z
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2009
    Zanotti wrote:
    Hey all,

Thanks to Dgin for all the help and support. (And I noticed that the origional post was my 1000'th post - how appropriate!)

Z.

Hey Zanotti,
    Congratulations on your 1000'th post! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Thank you for posting EXIF info--that is how I learn.
    That is one high ISO #--I'd have only noise if I tried that.

.[/quote]
    Liz A.
    _________