Options

Noiseware plugin

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
edited September 16, 2009 in Finishing School
Hi.. been looking through the threads and seems like Noiseware plugin gets good raves. I can't find an either "free" or "reasonably priced" plugin for Photoshop CS 4 - I have a pc. Anyone have a link?:dunno
thanks in advance :thumb
p.s. I have a stand alone Noise Ninja but really wanted a plugin for cs4.. you can't shove Noise Ninja into cs4 by any chance can you?? :wink

Comments

• Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    Here's a link to the standalone editions with pricing: http://www.imagenomic.com/nwsa.aspx

annnnd ...

The photoshop plugins: http://www.imagenomic.com/purchase_sel.aspx?prod=NWPG
  • Options
    MarkR wrote:
    Here's a link to the standalone editions with pricing: http://www.imagenomic.com/nwsa.aspx

annnnd ...

The photoshop plugins: http://www.imagenomic.com/purchase_sel.aspx?prod=NWPG

Thanks Mark.. was hoping not to have to pay $50 but looks like it's a must.
  • Options
    rsquaredrsquared Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    lynnma wrote:

Noise Ninja also has a plugin version, and it's only $10 to upgrade from the standalone to a standalone/plugin bundle... http://www.picturecode.com/upgrade.php
    Rob Rogers -- R Squared Photography (Nikon D90)
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    lynnma wrote:

Well, there is the free standalone community edition if you're willing to accept the limitations ...
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    The free version is standalone - for the plugin, you have to pony up....

Although at some point I will probably need the batch conversion (and ability to use layers) that the plugin offers, for now the freeware version of NW has been AWESOME - no complaints from me!
  • Options
    edited September 14, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    The free version is standalone - for the plugin, you have to pony up....

Although at some point I will probably need the batch conversion (and ability to use layers) that the plugin offers, for now the freeware version of NW has been AWESOME - no complaints from me!
    Hi thanks Diva... I already have Noise Ninja but it's another stand alone.. I really wanted a plugin so I can use my adjustment layers.. I've downloaded the trail but in all truth... I'm wondering if I really need it or will photoshop's own tools work just as well if I work at it... Have you used Noise Ninja? if so, do you think NW is superior? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited September 15, 2009
    Lynne do a search on Pathfinder and NoiseWare on dgrin.com

Yes, I think NW is easier to use, and works very well, much better than Photoshop. No comparison, and yes, do it on an adjustment layer also.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    pathfinder wrote:
    Lynne do a search on Pathfinder and NoiseWare on dgrin.com

Yes, I think NW is easier to use, and works very well, much better than Photoshop. No comparison, and yes, do it on an adjustment layer also.
    Thanks Pathfinder... so.. I decide to buy Noiseware but when I try to "purchase" with Photoshop cs4 open Photoshop is so sorry but it must close. Anyone else have this problem with Noiseware plugin? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    Why do you need Photoshop open to purchase Noiseware?? ne_nau.gifne_nau.gif

Save your image as a psd, close Photoshop, buy the plug in, install it ( Photoshop needs to be closed for this if memory serves me here ) and then re-open PS and go back to editing as before.

Is there something I am missing here?thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited September 16, 2009
    pathfinder wrote:
    Why do you need Photoshop open to purchase Noiseware?? ne_nau.gifne_nau.gif

Save your image as a psd, close Photoshop, buy the plug in, install it ( Photoshop needs to be closed for this if memory serves me here ) and then re-open PS and go back to editing as before.

Is there something I am missing here?thumb.gif
    I'll try again... PS was closed when I installed NW plugin trail - when I go to trial "purchase " option is when ps closes.. I'll try again a different way.
  • Options
    edited September 16, 2009
    lynnma wrote:
    I'll try again... PS was closed when I installed NW plugin trail - when I go to trial "purchase " option is when ps closes.. I'll try again a different way.

Yeah... no problem.. Photoshop just don't want no "purchase" from inside their program.. purchased directly from NW and just entered key and all is well.. so far eek7.gif