Options

CS Camera Raw 5.5

davemj98davemj98 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited October 9, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
CS4 Will not upgrade using Vista 64 bit. It keeps telling me to close Bridge, which is not open.:scratch
Dave
davidsdigitalphotography.com
Alpha 99 & VG, 900x2 & VG; 50mm1.4, CZ135 1.8; CZ16-35 2.8, CZ24-70 2.8, G70-200 2.8, G70-400, Sony TC 1.4, F20, F58, F60.

Comments

• Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2009
    davemj98 wrote:
    CS4 Will not upgrade using Vista 64 bit. It keeps telling me to close Bridge, which is not open.headscratch.gif
    Dave

Check the task manager (ctrl+alt+delete --> click on "Start Task Manager"). Click on the processes tab and scroll down that list to see if anything belongs to adobe. If so - kill it.
  • Options
    davemj98davemj98 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2009
    Pupator wrote:
    Check the task manager (ctrl+alt+delete --> click on "Start Task Manager"). Click on the processes tab and scroll down that list to see if anything belongs to adobe. If so - kill it.
    clap.gif Worked like a charm, thanks!thumb.gif Dave
    davidsdigitalphotography.com
    Alpha 99 & VG, 900x2 & VG; 50mm1.4, CZ135 1.8; CZ16-35 2.8, CZ24-70 2.8, G70-200 2.8, G70-400, Sony TC 1.4, F20, F58, F60.
  • Options
    FreezframeFreezframe Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2009
    Couldn't install 5.4 same with 5.5 !!
    Even with Bridge shut down ,and not running- still won't work !!! LR upgrade worked like a charm >>> Seems that CS4 just won't take upgrades !!ne_nau.gif

Freezer
    Dad/Photograher:ivar
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2009
    Only minor problems here: vista64, cs4, LR2
    LR2 kept complaining that the install hadn't happened until I rebooted. That part was annoying, but I had to reboot for other reasons anyhow.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited September 18, 2009
    (64) Not 32 ???
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Only minor problems here: vista64, cs4, LR2
    LR2 kept complaining that the install hadn't happened until I rebooted. That part was annoying, but I had to reboot for other reasons anyhow.

When installer comes up it has (64) !!! If I'm only running 32 bit is installer not properly working ??

Brady
  • Options
    Freezframe wrote:
    When installer comes up it has (64) !!! If I'm only running 32 bit is installer not properly working ??

Brady

So you are running Vista/32 ? Not sure what the installer ends up saying, but it sounds like it might be a glitch. Have you called Adobe's help line or used the online chat support? I usually do the latter since it is faster in most cases, and allows you cut/paste information to the support person.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    XP pro !!!
    adbsgicom wrote:
    So you are running Vista/32 ? Not sure what the installer ends up saying, but it sounds like it might be a glitch. Have you called Adobe's help line or used the online chat support? I usually do the latter since it is faster in most cases, and allows you cut/paste information to the support person.[/quote}

Sorry: XP Pro !!

Brady ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    Freezframe wrote:
    Sorry: XP Pro !!
    No idea. I ditched 32-bit and haven't looked back. The extra memory addressing makes everything so much faster. Not spending all of my time page-swapping memory.

Go to adobe's online support and see where you get.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2009
    This worked for me........
    In CS4, Bridge has the option of "pre-starting" when you turn on your PC. This "pre-start" can cause the problem you are having (since Bridge is active even though you don't know it)

If you haven't tried it already, Go to Edit>Preferences>Advanced in Bridge and turn off "Start Bridge at Logon". You will then need to close Bridge and you may also need to re-start your PC. Then you can try your update.
    Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2009
    Got it !!!
    Had bad file within Cs4... Reloaded from media took updates immediately !

Thanx For Help: Freezer :D