Options

System logs me out when customizing a gallery

JustMeAndreJustMeAndre Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited October 18, 2009 in SmugMug Support
Hi, it has happened twice now in the last 2-3 hours. I created a gallery, customized it, and when I click save, it takes me to the gallery but no toolbar. If I hit on "login" again in my smug footer bar, it corrects itself.

Any suggestions please?

It happened both times on this link:

http://www.photographmemory.com/Equine/PrairieLane-29Aug09/Candid-Can01-0912/9472189_wuvGd
"No More Lost Memories"

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Please log in http://www.photographmemory.com/ here, and you should be all set.
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Please log in http://www.photographmemory.com/ here, and you should be all set.

Ok, it happened to me again just now, and then referred back to this thread. I logged in as you said and did exactly what I did 5 minutes before, and it didn't request me to click on the "login" at the footer to continue working.

Andy, a while back I remember having a discussion about akamai, which is faster, and if memory serves me correct, it only worked when logging in from this link - http://www.photographic-memory.smugmug.com/

Please shed some light on this for me if you would.

Thanks
    André
    "No More Lost Memories"
  • Options
    edited September 19, 2009
    New Journal
    I do not have the TOOLS menu option when I am on a "new' JOURNAL page. Is there something I must add to my css to activate this?

André
    "No More Lost Memories"
  • Options
    I do not have the TOOLS menu option when I am on a "new' JOURNAL page. Is there something I must add to my css to activate this?

André
    you aren't seeing this?

20090919-peeshirx59k94gkpr3nk9f3gw4.jpg

What gallery, please?
  • Options
    Nope, I am only getting "Add photos" & "Themes"

http://www.photographmemory.com/gallery/7910018_wYxQB

It is on all my pages which I have "new" JOURNAL selected.
    "No More Lost Memories"
  • Options
    Also another thing - which I only found out by accident yesterday while my wife was browsing from her work pc. When clients are going to my website, they are able to see the galleries and categories boxes which I don't want them to see, as I have alternative browsing methods already set up for them.

The home page which shows the galleries and categories boxes are clearly shown in my CSS as this:
    .homepage #galleriesBox,.homepage #categoriesBox, { display: none;}
    and for me to be able to see it when I am loggen in, I have this in my CSS:
    .loggedIn .homepage #galleriesBox,.loggedIn .homepage #categoriesBox { display: block;}

it is funny that my wife was able to actually see the galleries and categories boxes.
    Any suggestions of different CSS I can use Andy?

Thanks for your help!
    "No More Lost Memories"
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    Also another thing - which I only found out by accident yesterday while my wife was browsing from her work pc. When clients are going to my website, they are able to see the galleries and categories boxes which I don't want them to see, as I have alternative browsing methods already set up for them.

The home page which shows the galleries and categories boxes are clearly shown in my CSS as this:
    .homepage #galleriesBox,.homepage #categoriesBox, { display: none;}
    and for me to be able to see it when I am loggen in, I have this in my CSS:
    .loggedIn .homepage #galleriesBox,.loggedIn .homepage #categoriesBox { display: block;}

it is funny that my wife was able to actually see the galleries and categories boxes.
    Any suggestions of different CSS I can use Andy?

Thanks for your help!
    You have CSS erors that are preventing that CSS from working properly. Remove the extra commas in red in your CSS:
    .homepage #galleriesBox,
    .homepage #categoriesBox[COLOR=red],[/COLOR] {
        display: none;
    }

.galleries #bioBox {
    }

.galleries #galleriesBox,
    .galleries #categoriesBox[COLOR=red],[/COLOR] {
        display: block;
    }

--John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    jfriend wrote:
    You have CSS erors that are preventing that CSS from working properly. Remove the extra commas in red in your CSS:
    .homepage #galleriesBox,
    .homepage #categoriesBox[COLOR=red],[/COLOR] {
    }

.galleries #bioBox {
    }

.galleries #galleriesBox,
    .galleries #categoriesBox[COLOR=red],[/COLOR] {
        display: block;
    }

Thanks John.
    I have made the changes, but will only be able to know on Monday if it is working, when she gets to work. It was not doing it on my pc here, so I can't "test" it. Perhaps if you have a chance, will you see if it is "not" showing now?
    "No More Lost Memories"
  • Options
    Thanks John.
    I have made the changes, but will only be able to know on Monday if it is working, when she gets to work. It was not doing it on my pc here, so I can't "test" it. Perhaps if you have a chance, will you see if it is "not" showing now?
    The galleries were showing for me before and are not showing now. It looks to me to be fixed.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    jfriend wrote:
    The galleries were showing for me before and are not showing now. It looks to me to be fixed.

Thanks!
    "No More Lost Memories"
  • Options
    PhotosbySundeePhotosbySundee Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited September 20, 2009
    HELP...No Toolbar while in galleries!
    I've come across a few discussions about this but there didn't seem to be a main resolution. When I go to my site www.photosbysundee.com it shows me logged in and I have toolbars for homepage and my Portfolio and Client Proofing sections however when I select a gallery to work in I no longer have a toolbar so I am unable to delete photos or adjust pricing. This is very frustrating, I am VERY new to Smugmug and have attempted lots of cut/pastes of code to get the site where it is. Do I have something in my CSS that is making this happen? I even added SM large footer back on and LOG OUT was the option it showed while I was in my gallery. I did try to logout and back in and it didn't work. I did check my IE7 and made sure it is allowing 3rd party cookies and I put my domain and smugmug in as allowable sites. What else can I try. I really need to modify my client sites.

I am running Vista and IE7.
    Sundeeheadscratch.gif
  • Options
    I've come across a few discussions about this but there didn't seem to be a main resolution. When I go to my site www.photosbysundee.com it shows me logged in and I have toolbars for homepage and my Portfolio and Client Proofing sections however when I select a gallery to work in I no longer have a toolbar so I am unable to delete photos or adjust pricing. This is very frustrating, I am VERY new to Smugmug and have attempted lots of cut/pastes of code to get the site where it is. Do I have something in my CSS that is making this happen? I even added SM large footer back on and LOG OUT was the option it showed while I was in my gallery. I did try to logout and back in and it didn't work. I did check my IE7 and made sure it is allowing 3rd party cookies and I put my domain and smugmug in as allowable sites. What else can I try. I really need to modify my client sites.

I am running Vista and IE7.
    Sundeeheadscratch.gif
    This CSS in your site-wide-customization is just plain evil and hides all gallery maintenance tools:
    #breadcrumb
    {
    }

You should remove it immediately.

If you want to hide the breadcrumb navigation and keep your tools menu, you can use this instead:

#breadCrumbTrail {display: none;}
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    PhotosbySundeePhotosbySundee Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    Thanks so much, it worked!!
  • Options
    gdpgdp Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    I'm having the same issue.

When I login, I am taken to my homepage, but if I go to an individual gallery I no longer see tools normally available to "owner"... I just see the gallery as intended for client view.

I tried adding in the above CSS (and deleting my old breadcrumb disabler) but no joy...

edited to add: in fact, now I can't see any owner tools at my site ., only at http://[mysite].smugmug.com/[/url]

When I login through the smugmug footer at mysite, I'm taken to http://[mysite].smugmug.com/, and then I -still- can't manage to view the galleries correctly.
  • Options
    gdpgdp Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Bump.
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2009
    gdp wrote:
    I'm having the same issue.

When I login, I am taken to my homepage, but if I go to an individual gallery I no longer see tools normally available to "owner"... I just see the gallery as intended for client view.

I tried adding in the above CSS (and deleting my old breadcrumb disabler) but no joy...

edited to add: in fact, now I can't see any owner tools at www.garrickdowns.com ., only at http://garrickdownsphotography.smugmug.com/

When I login through the smugmug footer at www.garrickdowns.com, I'm taken to http://garrickdownsphotography.smugmug.com/, and then I -still- can't manage to view the galleries correctly.
    Your CNAME is incorrectly set up. a while back when we added Akamai for speed boost, we announced to you with custom domains that improperly configured domains may cease to work or show issues in the future.

Welcome to 'the future'!

But NO WORRIES, if you've got site nav issues due to your domain not being set up right, we can help, and really fast!

If your domain is being used to point at another site that is not hosted by SmugMug, stop. Do not make the changes below. All that needs to be done is to remove the custom domain from your SmugMug control panel. That should correct the problem. If your domain is supposed to point at SmugMug, proceed with the steps below.

We have more information on the correct domain setups here:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts

In a nutshell, to set up the CNAME correctly you need the following:
    1. for the www host point a CNAME record to domains.smugmug.com
    2. also add or change an A record to 208.79.45.23 if you want people to be able to
    access your site without www. Some domains allow you to use an @ sign
    for the host to indicate that it is empty. Check the help at your
    domain host to see what they recommend.

If you use subdomain.yourdomain.com instead of www.yourdomain.com ,
    point the subdomain with a CNAME record to domains.smugmug.com and don't
    add an A record as it isn't needed.

Do not use your full domain in the CNAME unless the domain host tells
    you to. If you do, you will end up with
    www.yourdomain.com.yourdomain.com or something similar.

Do not put in the yournickname.smugmug.com address as the destination no
    matter how tempting that may be. Do not use forwarding or redirects
    either. None of these will work correctly.

records if there are any for your site. It will take 24-48 hours for
    the changes to propagate around the internet.

If you have not already done so, go to your SmugMug control panel and
    enter the custom domain on the settings tab. That is all there is too
    it. If you have problems, please let me know.

If you are stuck, write our Support Heroes ATTN: Doc/Nick in the subject line and send us your domain host UserID and set the password
    to something temporary like SmugTemp123. We will log in and make the
    changes or check the settings for you. When we are done you can reset the
    password.

1. the name of your domain registrar
    2. login name to your domain
    3. change the password for your domain to smugtemp{insert_4_random_digits}

Once we have made the changes, we will let you know so that you could
    change your password back.

Questions? We're here for you! write our Support Heroes ATTN: Doc and he'll take care of you personally.

Thanks!