Options

S*E supports RAW!

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
With the actual advent of Microsoft RAW support, your current copy of S*E can be made fully RAW aware.

Thus far only Canon and Nikon RAW formats are supported, but I presume more formats will be coming soon.

What do you need to do to:
1) Download and install MS Raw support.
Once you get the setup (47Mb) and launch it, it takes a very long time to prepare (few minutes of nothing visible), just be patient and let it sit there, it will work eventually..
To verify that it works, locate the folder with your RAW files and switch to a thumbnail view - you should see the correct pictures instead of the icons.
2) open S*E
3) go to Options (Ctrl+F11)
4) Upload: add the desired supported extensions to the list of the supported extensions (e.g. ...;.nef;.cr2)
note: no '*', just '.ext'
5) Conversion: add the same extensions to the list of formats to convert
6) hit ok

Now if you add your supported raw file to S*E for upload, proper jpeg would be automatically created for you. You can upload it - or simple remove it from the queue and enjoy the S*E automatically converting your RAW files to JPEGs in a matter of seconds..:-)

[EDIT - I guess I was not fully awake.. As I realized after more testing, it only extract the thumbnail, which is nice but not exactly what I meant...
I apologize!]

HTH
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2005
    Oops..
    I guess I jumped to the conclusions too fast..:-(headscratch.gif
    It only extracts the thumbnail.. Darn.. ne_nau.gif
    Oh well, maybe the next version of RAW support will be more advanced.. and I also need to explore more GDI+ api..
    "May the f/stop be with you!"