Options

Where to get business cards printed in Canada

Kyle DKyle D Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
edited September 22, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
I was hoping that some of you would be able to recommend a place to have business cards printed inside of Canada. I was all excited about Overnight Prints and did up a bunch of different designs. I had finally settled on one design and was going to order 25 of the double sided value cards (about $4 USD) until I saw it was going to cost $16 USD to ship $4 worth of cards. So, now I'm looking for a place in Canada.

So, if you've got any recommendations, let me have them.

Thanks!
Kyle D.

Not allowed to enter Henry's alone anymore...

Kyle Derkachenko Photography

Comments

• Options
    pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2009
    Check into Vistaprint as well as MOO business cards. Those are two off the top of my head that I am pretty sure aren't going to charge you a ton for shipping.
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!
  • Options
    bob swansonbob swanson Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2009
    I get my cards printed from a company named Boss Logos I believe in Canada. They do great inexpensive work.
  • Options
    South Shore SnapshotsSouth Shore Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2009
    Vistaprint for me.
    Nikon D90 | MB-D80 GRIP | 80-200mm F2.8 | 50mm F1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 | SB 400

Pentax K1000 | M28mm F2.8 | M50mm F2 | Takumar Bayonet 135mm F2.5

www.southshoresnapshots.smugmug.com
  • Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2009
    I use MOO. They're based in the UK with an outlet in the USA but their shipping etc. is quite reasonable.

That's assuming you want photo(s) in your cards. If you're going for a straight info. card, any local printer should be able to do a decent job.

I'm in the boonies in New Brunswick, by the way.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    SeatimeSeatime Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2009
    Kyle,

I order from different places with good results. Vista Print, 123 print, and recently overnight prints. They all work great. But, one thing I can say is 25 cards won't do you a whole lot of good. An old-timer business man told me years ago, "If you aren't going through 1,000 cards a year, you're not doing your job." I put a card into every envelope that contains an invoice for my services. I encourage people to spread the word. I make a new friend somewhere, give them a couple cards, and tell them what I do. And my grandpa, who was a success in business said, always give a smile to everyone.

So bite the bullet and go for a thousand cards this year! And good luck!