Options

What do you use to make a collage?

kevinpwkevinpw Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited September 23, 2009 in Finishing School
I know everything and anything can be done in Photoshop, but I'm wondering if anyone uses a more specific software to make a simple collage of 2 or 3 (or 4) images, side by side.

I searched this section of the forum but didn't find anything particularly useful, especially for Macs.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2009
    FotoFusion by Lumapix.

I have the enhanced version. I like it a lot. The videos tutorials are very helpful and once you get the hang of a few things, you're off and running and it's quite simple, fun, fast and sometimes amazing.

EDIT to add regarding Mac usage (pulled from FotoFusion site):
    We are listening closely to feedback from Mac users , and we regret that we have been unable to produce a Mac-exclusive version of the software due to the very significant development resources that would be required to produce the software.

However, we are happy to report that users have tested and are running FotoFusion successfully on Intel Macs, using Boot Camp, Parallels, and VMWare and a Windows operating system.

With these three new options, we are delighted that FotoFusion can now be used by a growing number of MAC users.

Here are a few simple examples:
    649041490_3ViuV-M.jpg

495932348_yjJUm-M.jpg

513000912_TqXEd-M.jpg

610081024_p4xL4-M.jpg
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    kevinpwkevinpw Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2009
    incredible. that is what i was looking for. too bad there's no native Mac version :( i don't really want to run it in Parallels.

anyone else?

thanks
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    How 'bout Picnik? It's free and available via Smugmug galleries. I have a friend that makes great collages with it all the time.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    Picasa. It's basic, but it does the job. They've just released a mac version of it, too.