Options

Help me Quote...

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited September 24, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
Hello guys, A company in Chicago is asking me to do documentary style photo shoot of executive working in my city.

Here are details:
100-150 images in 40 to 45 min, No studio strobes or backdrops required. All rights will be transfered to the company.

Thanks in advance
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    Here are details:
    100-150 images in 40 to 45 min, No studio strobes or backdrops required. All rights will be transfered to the company.

Usually you price your work based on the where and how the company uses the images, with a usage license.

If they truly wish to have full rights (copyright) giving them total rights to use the images for whatever purpose for however long, I would charge a stupid amount of money.

I would have to base a price on an assumed usage. I would think that they would use the images in local and regional advertising, websites, company mailings, and inter company use.

Now if all they want is an actual usage agreement limited to specific terms, I would quote quite lower.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    Awais,

What Steve said with regard to usage / copyright.

As far as the assignment goes I would want a lot more details.

What are they looking to document? How are they going to use the images? Why the time limit? Why specify 100 to 150 images? Do they want all 150 images post processed? What format? What size? Do they have a particular look and feel for the images?

Make sure you get a model release signed.

You are in a unique position, you are on site, they are thousands of miles away. I would get all the details possible and make it easy for them to do business with me, and I would charge accordingly.

Put everything in writing (e-mail). Specify exactly what your going to do and what you are going to deliver and have them approve it.

Make sure you get paid up front, or have the money sitting in an escrow account in a local bank.

Should anything go south you really won't have the ability to collect your fees.

Sam