Options

Bend Oregon, where to shoot?

ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
edited September 24, 2009 in Location, Location, Location!
So here I am in Bend for two days and it looks like there are some amazing places to photograph but I don't know exactly where :) Anybody got suggestions?

Thanks!

Sam
Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
SmugMug iOS Sorcerer

Comments

• Options
    rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2009
    Are there any good landscape up toward Mt. Bachelor? I have never been to Bend.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    Shizam wrote:
    So here I am in Bend for two days and it looks like there are some amazing places to photograph but I don't know exactly where :) Anybody got suggestions?

Thanks!

Sam

Tsk, tsk Shizzy, I'm moving y0 post to Angelo's forum. I really hope you guys get to take photos while you're up there, but who am I kidding? It's the processing part that we really wanna see. :D

Have fun!
  • Options
    Oops, thanks for moving me, RIH :)
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    CayuseCayuse Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    Smith Rocks State Park just a little ways north would be an option.
  • Options
    LaurieHLaurieH Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    Tumalo Falls - hike above it... there are other nice falls, though not as high
    Hike up to Broken Top
    Mirror Pond
    Newberry National Volcanic Monument
    Downtown Bend
    McKenzie Pass
    Benham Falls
    Lava Island Falls
    Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. - Jalal ad-Din Rumi

SmugMug Galleries - photos.39degreesnorth.net
    Blog - 39degreesnorth.net/blog
  • Options
    scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    Just beyond the ski area is Sparks Lake which offers some nice settings for a lake photo with the mountain in the background. As someone else mentioned, McKenzie Pass seems like it would be interesting due to all the volcanic rock in the area..
  • Options
    edited September 22, 2009
    Thanks all, settled on Tumalo Falls, it was great and there was so much to photograph (besides the falls) that I wish I could go back several more times even though I'm not usually a waterfall chaser :)

657887648_AbYLp-L.jpg

657887649_V5L7i-L.jpg
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    your probably gone already.....
    Shizam wrote:
    Thanks all, settled on Tumalo Falls, it was great and there was so much to photograph (besides the falls) that I wish I could go back several more times even though I'm not usually a waterfall chaser :)

657887648_AbYLp-L.jpg

657887649_V5L7i-L.jpg

Tumalo falls is good. There is also Paulina Lake/Mountain/Hills, etc just out of LaPine, really good stuff if you go back. Also, the High desert offers some good things, and there are caves in the area also. Drive up to Pilot Butte on a clear day and you have a great landscape view of several mountains. Driving back up towards PDX, you get highway views of 3 sisters, 3 fingered Jack, Broken Top, Mt. Washington, good stuff.
    Lee Wiren