Options

lunar bifs, cajun

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited June 27, 2005 in Wildlife
i had the great pleasure of eating... erem .. i mean shooting, yeah, that's it, with my good friend and fine photographer steve cavigliano tonight :lol3 it was a lovely day in northern california so we hopped in my rented convertible and headed over to the palo alto baylands, and i'll be honest with you, the reason for this venue was that it's on the way to a great cajun restaurant in palo alto called nola's :eat

birds shot with 20d and canon 200 f/2.8L with 1.4tcon aboard. food shot with canon 15mm fisheye

25144241-L.jpg

25144239-L.jpg

and then on to nolas... steve does *not* like to be kept waiting due to pitcha taking :toni
25145320-L.jpg

calamari and spring rolls
25145322-L.jpg

a fresh iceberg wedge salad for yours truly
25145323-L.jpg

some gumbo for steve, and he's a happy camper :giggle
25145324-L.jpg

life is good. thanks for dining er... shooting with us!

Comments

• Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2005
    Love the gull and moon
    25144241-S.jpg

We almost stopped at the Baylands on our way home Tuesday but it got a little late photographing my grandson and the Yowie!

You guys find the most interesting places to eat out at!
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2005
    I'm with Dee 15524779-Ti.gif

Imagine a shot like that in Mongrel's 18.6 21:00GMT Sky Shoot gallery...

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    bochiebochie Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2005
    Andy,
    What is the restaurant name ?
    The eggroll & calamari looks so good & real.
    Makes me hungry just looking at it.
    "Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
    It will never fail you." - Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.pbase.com/bochie
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2005
    Your food looks fantastic, Steve looks like his wonderful self, a bit darker, don't know why...........

And the birds, BIF, they should be my next project. You even got an overhead. I think, or an almost. Of course, you are young yet, equilibrium, etc.

And finally, that moon shot is a, bar none, good shot.

And I think you might have had fun doing it, looks like it!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2005
    Nice series Andy
    Egret BIF right on thumb.gif
    to early here for me to think about Cajun, my stomach can't handle that, give me an hour or so :D

Hey Steve take the hat off at the dinner table will ya :lol4 :hide
  • Options
    DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2005
    hahaha... that look Steve's givin you in the first shot lol

damn that food looks good
    Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2005
    now I'm starving!! nice low cal salad you have there Andy... NOT!
    great series, I enjoyed looking at them 1drink.gif
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2005
    Hey Andy,

Looks like a good time. You even managed a few pics in between courses. Steve looks even stranger than normal in those shots. I think he's getting to be too old for all that spicey food. biggrinbounce2.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 16, 2005
    These came out really good Andy thumb.gif Why am I not surprised? rolleyes1.gif

You nailed that snowy bif and the gull and Moon came out better than I thought it would. How about the plane and bird pic?

Dinner was great, but you forgot to mention that my "look" was posed....lol People are going to think I'm a crusty old fart like Harry lol3.gif Wait a minute, I am a crusty old fart....Laughing.gif

Dee,
    When you eat with Andy, it's always top drawer. We went to a place a couple months ago that charged $99 for an 8 oz steak :uhoh Obviously, neither of us ordered that steak.....lol

Ginger,
    I'm dark because it was getting dark and Andy wanted to shoot the food without using a flash. Plus wearing my hat didn't help either rolleyes1.gif I needed the hat so I didn't add any flare to the food shots :lol

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2005
    Bird and plane? Laughing.gif
    These came out really good Andy thumb.gif Why am I not surprised? rolleyes1.gif

You nailed that snowy bif and the gull and Moon came out better than I thought it would. How about the plane and bird pic?

Dinner was great, but you forgot to mention that my "look" was posed....lol People are going to think I'm a crusty old fart like Harry lol3.gif Wait a minute, I am a crusty old fart....Laughing.gif

Dee,
    When you eat with Andy, it's always top drawer. We went to a place a couple months ago that charged $99 for an 8 oz steak :uhoh Obviously, neither of us ordered that steak.....lol

Ginger,
    I'm dark because it was getting dark and Andy wanted to shoot the food without using a flash. Plus wearing my hat didn't help either rolleyes1.gif I needed the hat so I didn't add any flare to the food shots :lol

Steve

I've been trying for one of those the last 6 months now -- and Andy's gonna show me how it's done? Geesh!

Hmmm, will the moon be visible at 2 pm our time on Saturday? Steve, you gonna join in the sky shoot? I'm trying to figure out where to go to take my photo.

Wonder if Chewy is back in Palo Alto yet -- be a good excuse to get together :):
  • Options
    ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2005
    Andy, this one is great -
    25144241-S.jpg

The look just cracked me up - Nice acting there Steve :D
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    25144241-Ti.jpg

We almost stopped at the Baylands on our way home Tuesday but it got a little late photographing my grandson and the Yowie!

You guys find the most interesting places to eat out at!

thanks for looking and commenting, dee thumb.gif you're very lucky to be able to come here nearly whenever you want to....

cheers
  • Options
    AgilehoundAgilehound Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited June 17, 2005
    Just gotta say that I adore that first pic. And . . . will you take me to lunch? That looks FABULOUS!

Methinks lack of quality nutrition is why I'm unable to get pics like that myself. ;)
  • Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2005
    looks like a great trip Andy, the first shot is something special. And Steve, I like the STARE,rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2005
    thanks ed, agile, and shay :D