Options

dragonfly's

pete wpete w Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
edited June 16, 2005 in Holy Macro
I used to shot a lot of these with the 828, now trying for the first time with the 20D and 100mm Macro24675754-M.jpg

25006946-M.jpg

25006950-M.jpg
Pete W
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.
Henri Cartier Bresson

www.pete-wraight.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    These are super cool Pete, I like the second the most. Aren't dragonfly eyes the coolest? Good stuff...thumb.gif

AJ
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Very cool Pete. Where you using a lightsphere on your flash?
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Nicely Done Pete
    pete w wrote:
    I used to shot a lot of these with the 828, now trying for the first time with the 20D and 100mm Macro
    The Sony's are really good for this sort of work, but like you I too have moved on to the Canon 20D and the 100mm Macro lens :D

Your dragonfly is the prettiest blue, metalic blue, I love it, he even looks like he's smiling.........boy I hope when I'm in America later this year that I get to find someone really neat like a big Dragonfly or even one of those Hummingbird Moths, now that would be cool.....ohhhhh I almost forgot you have beautiful fluffy bees too :D

Thanks for sharing your stunning Dragonfly, I love the smiling one :D
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Cool shots Pete,
    I especially like #2. Great clarity with a good color background that compliments the very cool blue of your dragonthumb.gif.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2005
    Well there ain't nothing wrong with the resolution of the 20D and 100mm macro now is there Pete mwink.gifthumb.gif . As Stevie Ray would say "Walking the tight rope" . EXCELLENT work and shots here Pete. Sharp and your selective focus could not better. Gorgeous colours and rich details. thumb.gifthumb.gif

Danny.
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2005
    thanks everyone
    I was not using a flash, the reflections are from the sun, Its Hot N Humid here in TN.

I have a lot more to process, my goal is to get some flying dragons in the next week.

nzmacro wrote:
    Well there ain't nothing wrong with the resolution of the 20D and 100mm macro now is there Pete mwink.gifthumb.gif . As Stevie Ray would say "Walking the tight rope" . EXCELLENT work and shots here Pete. Sharp and your selective focus could not better. Gorgeous colours and rich details. thumb.gifthumb.gif

Danny.
    Pete W
    Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.
    Henri Cartier Bresson

• Options
    Aussie_blueyAussie_bluey Registered Users Posts: 593 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2005
    Very Cool shots, I like the third the most.
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    Tim
    :rofl Laugh at life, otherwise you will cry.:rofl
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2005
    Tanks Aussie
    Still learning with the 20D , will try some f8+ Macros next.

Very Cool shots, I like the third the most.
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    Tim
    Pete W
    Henri Cartier Bresson