Options

From my girlfriend's reunion...

thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
edited September 28, 2009 in People
C&C welcome and appreciated as always. Enjoy!

1)
3960784066_f71f230829_o.jpg

2)
3960012629_eaf0c6396c_o.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Travis

Comments

• Options
    edited September 28, 2009
    bump
    Travis
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    Ok...here's my totally unqualified opinion.
    On the first one, I think I would crop some of the space on the side. On the second one, I'd print it and frame it! My only nit on #2 is you cut off the wheels...
  • Options
    captain78 wrote:
    Ok...here's my totally unqualified opinion.
    On the first one, I think I would crop some of the space on the side. On the second one, I'd print it and frame it! My only nit on #2 is you cut off the wheels...
    Thanks for the comment, Jeff. I considering cropping the first one square but man I just love the bokeh. Maybe next time I'll just take a shot of bokeh, eh? :D
    Travis
  • Options
    chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
  • Options
    chrismoore wrote:
    like the bokeh! what lens did you use? thumb.gif
    Thanks, Chris. I used an old Nikkor 80-200 AF push-pull. It's old, and the autofocus needs a walker, but the optics are just fantastic.
    Travis
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    thoth wrote:
    Thanks for the comment, Jeff. I considering cropping the first one square but man I just love the bokeh. Maybe next time I'll just take a shot of bokeh, eh? :D

Have to say: love your composition in 1... centered photos are boring. This is a really nice portrait with some great bokeh. And from a designer's perspective, think how great it is to have all that lovely room for words say "Harold's birthday" or something. Leave the crop the way it is. It is a great portrait.
  • Options
    Have to say: love your composition in 1... centered photos are boring. This is a really nice portrait with some great bokeh. And from a designer's perspective, think how great it is to have all that lovely room for words say "Harold's birthday" or something. Leave the crop the way it is. It is a great portrait.
    Thanks, Heather!
    Travis
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    Both nice images, though one is a bit lacking something. No. 2 is quite nice - well seen and captured. clap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    bdcolen wrote:
    Both nice images, though one is a bit lacking something. No. 2 is quite nice - well seen and captured. clap.gif
    Thanks, B.D. Number one does seem a little empty, I think, but I thought it added to the loneliness in his eye. Maybe it's just me. mwink.gif
    Travis