Hi you'll,

24328409-L.jpg

24328420-L.jpg

24450910-L.jpg

24450950-L.jpg

24450938-L.jpg
Harry
http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"

Comments

• Options
    jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    great set! as per the usual they are all very nicethumb.gif

my favorite is the last one with the full wing span shown...exceptional capture!

-j (doc jeff now?)
  • Options
    ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Great stuff as usual Harry, I like the pose in the 1st one

Ed

Harryb wrote:
    Hi you'll,

24328409-S.jpg

• Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    ehughes wrote:

15524779-Ti.gif , it's nice to see the landing gear pointing down.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Terrific series as usual Harry. thumb.gif Thanks for sharing!

AJ
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    great set! as per the usual they are all very nicethumb.gif

my favorite is the last one with the full wing span shown...exceptional capture!

-j (doc jeff now?)
    Thanks you Jeff. I'm happy with that last shot because its a hard one to get. You have to shoot handheld because they are right above your head.
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Good bunch of birds!
    I still say you make it look too easy! :-) :):
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    That one above your head is a "bi..........a difficult shot". I lose sight of the bird entirely and stand there like an idiot trying to figure out where he/it went.

Good shots, Harry.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    keving54keving54 Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Very Nice...
    Very impressive shots, Harry. Just joined this forum, so hopefully this post comes out okay!

Nice to see you on this site. Looks like a nice place.

Regards,
    Kevin
  • Options
    behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Ok Harry, fess up. These are all stuffed birds tied up on strings aren't they? :D Great shots. I don't know how you do it but you always get great shots.

Bear
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2005
    keving54 wrote:
    Very impressive shots, Harry. Just joined this forum, so hopefully this post comes out okay!

Nice to see you on this site. Looks like a nice place.

Regards,
    Kevin
    Well welcome Kevin

clap.gificon10.giflol8.gifphoto.gif10944573-Ti.giffriday.gifDJ.gifylsuper.gifcheerleader.gifbeer.gif

Thanks for your response and I'm honored that it was your first post here.
    Enough talk lets see some pictures. yelrotflmao.gifdeal.gif
    Harry
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2005
    ehughes wrote:

Ed
    Thanks Ed.

The rookery has birds taking off and landing constantly so you have the chance to gete some shots of poses you couldn't get at other locales.
    Harry
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    You are to be commented for such talented and qualities that allow you to share here freely, when most would have to buy a book to see such wonderous shots. Like Audubon or Nat Geo thumb.gifclap.gifbowdown.gif

But (there's always a butt somewhere) not a Night Heron to be found rolleyes1.gif :hide
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2005
    #1 FOR THE CAPTURE AND THE LAST ONE FOR A SHOT-- OVERHEAD IS A FUN SHOT us old guys have to be careful we don't fall over after shooting that shot and that is way over my head anyway :D and Harry all shots are hand held ---yes ne_nau.gif we don't need no sticking tri pod man :cry
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2005
    marlof wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif , it's nice to see the landing gear pointing down.
    Thank you. I was fortunate to have some very cooperative models. :D
    Harry
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2005
    MuskyDude wrote:
    Terrific series as usual Harry. thumb.gif Thanks for sharing!

AJ
    Hey AJ,

Always good to hear form ya. Thanks
    Harry
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    I still say you make it look too easy! :-) :):
    Hey Dee,

Thanks. They are rather simple. Just drive a couple of hours, shoot for 8 hours, take a thousand shots or so and then process them for two days to get a handful of decent shots. nothing to it. :D
    Harry
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2005
    1000 shots? I only have 4 gbs all together. What you got?

Also, that wolverine, it doesn't tell me that my shots are really in there (a small portable storage thing, for those wondering), does yours, Harry?

If I have something precious to me, like a night heron, I don't dare use the Wolverine, am afraid of losing a shot. I never have, but how do you feel secure. I always take it, but it really scares me.

1000, I could do that easy, and no way would I need 8 hrs, but I don't have that much memory.

That is dedication you have, Harry! And you are rewarded! Really good flight shots!

The photos we have seen of the aligator farm, well where do they fly? Is there a more open area?

ginger
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2005
    behr655 wrote:
    Ok Harry, fess up. These are all stuffed birds tied up on strings aren't they? :D Great shots. I don't know how you do it but you always get great shots.

Bear
    Thanks Bear. The only thing they are stuffed with is fish. :D See my response to Dee as to how I do it.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time ot comment. It is appreciated.
    Harry
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    You are to be commented for such talented and qualities that allow you to share here freely, when most would have to buy a book to see such wonderous shots. Like Audubon or Nat Geo thumb.gifclap.gifbowdown.gif

But (there's always a butt somewhere) not a Night Heron to be found rolleyes1.gif :hide
    Thanks Ben. I sent all the night herons to the west coast so you all would have something to keep you busy. :D
    Harry
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Thanks Ben. I sent all the night herons to the west coast so you all would have something to keep you busy. :D
    You forgot a couple. I just worked up what I consider my best Night Heron shots ever.

And I see the night heron post from the west coast is still going.

I understand that there is a Wood Stork rookery about an hour, and a walk in the woods, here. The info said that Florida used to have all the wood storks until folks moved in and dried up the Okeefenokee Swamp. Now some of the wood storks have been up here for awhile.

Have you heard anything about that? It said they roost through June, Bill is going to call tomorrow, they could be done, darn. If they are still roosting, I am going this weekend. I love wood storks.

The egret babies are dwindling. One guy is about to fly. He is very upset that the other one has no interest, the other one sits and grooms (her) feathers. I think one is a boy and the glamour one is a girl. Not that I stereotype or anything.

ginger:D wave.gif
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2005
    Oh Harry, you always make me laugh!
    Harryb wrote:
    Hey Dee,

Thanks. They are rather simple. Just drive a couple of hours, shoot for 8 hours, take a thousand shots or so and then process them for two days to get a handful of decent shots. nothing to it. :D

This is the MOST encouraging photography post ever! Particularly the thousand shots to get a handful of decent ones!

Is this a different place from your "sewage treatment" spot?
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    #1 FOR THE CAPTURE AND THE LAST ONE FOR A SHOT-- OVERHEAD IS A FUN SHOT us old guys have to be careful we don't fall over after shooting that shot and that is way over my head anyway :D and Harry all shots are hand held ---yes ne_nau.gif we don't need no sticking tri pod man :cry
    Thanks Jeff and not to worry about me falling down on those overhead shots. I took them before I started the daily infusion of Corona. :D
    Harry
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    1000 shots? I only have 4 gbs all together. What you got ?
    I have 4 gigs of CF but I also have a 4.1 MP camera.
    Also, that wolverine, it doesn't tell me that my shots are really in there (a small portable storage thing, for those wondering), does yours, Harry?

Nope it just lets you know when its done downloading.
    If I have something precious to me, like a night heron, I don't dare use the Wolverine, am afraid of losing a shot. I never have, but how do you feel secure. I always take it, but it really scares me.

I have used it enough that I trust it now. Before I wouldn't erase a card until I absolutely had to.

The photos we have seen of the aligator farm, well where do they fly? Is there a more open area?

They fly out of the rookery for food and nesting material. I think they also fly juts to get away from the chicks. :D
    Harry
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    This is the MOST encouraging photography post ever! Particularly the thousand shots to get a handful of decent ones!

Is this a different place from your "sewage treatment" spot?
    Hey Dee,

My photography is based on the law of averages. I figure if I take enough shots one or two have to come out ok. rolleyes1.gif

The rookery is in St. Augustine, around 130 miles away. The Wetlands (my sewge treatment spot" is about a 15 minute drive from my house.
    Harry