Options

San Jose, California

LowTidePhotoLowTidePhoto Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited September 29, 2009 in Location, Location, Location!
Hi,

I'm traveling to San Jose, California and am looking for suggestions on where to shoot good landscapes/nature. I've thought about driving to Yosemite, but it's pretty far for a day trip, so I'm looking to stay closer to the San Jose/San Francisco area.

Thanks for your help.

- Andrew
Low Tide Photography
sports - urban - landscapes
www.lowtidephoto.com
andrew@lowtidephoto.com
connecticut - maine

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2009
    Just moving this to the Locations forum where you'll get more eyes on this. Good luck and the Bay Area has tons of cool things to shoot!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    When do you plan to visit?

Sam
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    Drive up Mount Hamilton to Joseph Grant Park if you don't have a ton of time.

138591494_yCv5i-XL-9.jpg

32116297_FUSEh-XL-10.jpg

317939877_mkGY2-XL.jpg
  • Options
    dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    317939877_mkGY2-XL.jpg

Now wait a minute Andy, how in the hell did you run into a bobcat. I've been searching for one of these guys for years and now you post one when you probably visited this area twice.headscratch.gif

Ahhhh!!! The gift of timing seems to follow you everywherebowdown.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    dadwtwins wrote:
    Now wait a minute Andy, how in the hell did you run into a bobcat. I've been searching for one of these guys for years and now you post one when you probably visited this area twice.headscratch.gif

Ahhhh!!! The gift of timing seems to follow you everywherebowdown.gif
    lol3.gif it was indeed, my first visit up to Joe Grant Park :D
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2009
    Right over the hill you have the Pacific coast line , Santa Cruz, Monterey(Aquarium), Redwoods (Big Basin State Park), San Jose Mission.
    Yosemite is always nice but this time of year the waterfalls are running lower, weekends are crowded, not as bad as May, June, July, and August.
    All depends on time you have to spend
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    StamatosStamatos Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 29, 2009
    Come 30 minutes South to Santa Cruz. we have redwoods (Big Basin was the first State Park in CA and home to some of the oldest redwood trees in the world) or hit the cliffs near Natural Bridges State Park. There's also rock quarries or the birding estuary in Watsonville. You can likely hit at least four distinct environments in a day. Head out early as the redwood cannopy has made the shortening days seem even shorter up in the trees.
    Hi,

I'm traveling to San Jose, California and am looking for suggestions on where to shoot good landscapes/nature. I've thought about driving to Yosemite, but it's pretty far for a day trip, so I'm looking to stay closer to the San Jose/San Francisco area.

Thanks for your help.

- Andrew