Options

Photoshop Elements 8 announced (win+mac)

Comments

• Options
    promoguypromoguy Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited September 23, 2009
    I have 12 more days on the Elements 7 trial, so this information comes at a very good time. I have the missing book for 7, and I'm sure that there are not that many different changes.
  • Options
    BMW KurtBMW Kurt Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2009
    I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I waited years before upgrading from Elements 5 to 7. Upgraded last month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    PhotosbyKWPhotosbyKW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2009
    Have you tried it yet?

The reason I ask is because my CS3 just died and so since I rarely used most of it anyway, I bought Elements 7 in the store and installed it yesterday. It would load, but every time I tried to launch the Editor, it would crash, and none of the internet fixes would solve it.

So, I ordered the Adobe download of Elements 8 last night and it would install but not run AT ALL. Every attempt to get something in the way of a solution from Adobe so far has been for naught.

I'm running Vista 64, btw.

Let us know how it works out for you, as now I had to revert to my Elements 5.0.
    Consistantly Inconsistant.

www.PhotosbyKW.smugmug.com
  • Options
    promoguypromoguy Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    Elements 7 trial runs well on a XP. Interestingly, I called Adobe sales in order to receive 8 to be sent. I asked if on installing whether or not I should do a total deinstall of 7 trial and was told yes. By the way there is also a 20.00 rebate.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    PhotosbyKW wrote:
    Have you tried it yet?
    No, I haven't. I don't really use elements (Only LR and occasionally PS), but more importantly I use a mac, and it's not available on the mac yet.

The original post was more of a 'public service announcement' :D
  • Options
    OK, as an update, it is now installed, but like Elements 7, I can only get the organizer to work. As soon as I try to load the actual Editor, everything locks up. Have cleared settings again, and still no use.

Will look forward to anyone else with help on this matter.

• Options
    edited September 30, 2009
    Hey, just wanted to caution yall about this and your operating systems.

I bought Elements 8 to go on my new HP laptop. BooCoo memory, but no go.

Would do just like Elements 7, and load Organizer, but when Editor was selected, would flag as a problem and shut down. Would say that windows explorer would let me know it there was a solution, but then come back and say "no solution found".

Been trying to get assistance from Adobe since Saturday, and finally got a live person on the phone this evening after my wife spend two hrs. on hold, and was hung up on not once, but twice. I got live guy, but he couldn't help. Send me to Tech supervisor who said that it was a known compatability issue with Vista 64, and that they were unable to resolve it. I asked him if it would run properly with Windows 7 but he said that it was more of a possibility than a probability. Said it might but no quarantees. Then he transferred me to another desk where I got hung up on after 13 mins. and 10 secs. Then 1 hr. and 57 mins. later, I finally get another live person on the phone. Have to wait another 10 business days before my new work order goes through, when I can hopefully get someone to start processing my refund.

I asked them ALL why it didn't specify that it would not work properly with 64 bit Vista systems, so that we would not have to waste time, money, and effort, but never got a real answer as to why they elliminated that little bit of trivia. Last Tech said that well, it could work on some...

Anyway, I hope yall have better luck with other OS.