Options

Hocking Hills

OhiohikerOhiohiker Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
edited October 1, 2009 in Landscapes
This weekend I joined a group of photographers from the Ohio Foot Hills Flickr Group group for their monthly outing. It was held at the beautiful Hocking Hills Region of Ohio. The area is located around Logan, Ohio and is home to caves, waterfalls, gorges and rock shelters. This trip was around the more popular area known as Old Man's Cave. The theme of the day was HDR images.

The first image is looking back up the trail toward the visitor center as you hike down into Old Man's Cave. Since this is a State Park alot of work is put into making the area accessible, so there is a lot of stairs leading into and out of the gorge.

665044752_4nMd8-M.jpg

To prevent people from having to step through the creeks and create more erosion problems several bridges were constructed. The bridges were constructed to best blend into the environment and use local materials. This is the bridge over the creek just below Old Man's Cave.

665045209_mJ2jm-M.jpg

The day before it had rained really hard and that afternoon the cloud cover was moving out. So every now and then you would get a peak of the sun.

665044916_cWRjm-M.jpg

To proceed down to the lower falls you must go up!. You have to go around some large boulders and then head down to the falls.

665471126_rX266-M.jpg

Unfortunately due to the large number of people in the area I was unable to get a shot I am happy with of the lower falls. So as you leave the lower falls the head out to the visitors center there is another bridge. This is a lower perspective. I set my tripod in the creek and shot up stream.

665045042_npCRW-M.jpg

As you exit the gorge the wooden staircase lead back out.

665437401_eR77t-M.jpg

The last thing you pass through as you leave the gorge is a long tunnel.

665437596_FWh28-M.jpg

Thanks for looking.

C&C welcome

Comments