Options

pricing

EyeImageEyeImage Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited October 1, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
I was wondering if I could get some input on two questions

1) How much does one charge if a printing supply company is interested in using your photos as their sample prints?

2) I submitted my photos to a Convention and Visitors Bureau and they would like to know what arrangements I would like to set up for the use of my photos on their website and in their brochure?

I would really appreciate any feedback as I am not well versed in negotiating for the use of my images. Thank you!

Steve
EyeImage
sodaypolo@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    jamkat59jamkat59 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 30, 2009
    Pricing reply
    1) I would suggest looking at this 2 ways. First you could allow them one time use and ask them to put a link to your website to generate business. Second you could charge a fee based on how many copies would be printed. ASMP and others have suggested guidelines on-line.
    2) I charge two different ways depending on who it is for. First is a flat fee ($150) and then a guarantee of a link to my website. Second is to charge based the amount to be printed. Agin there are pricing guidelines on-line.

Hope this helps!
    Jammie
    Jamkat59

EyeImage wrote:
    I was wondering if I could get some input on two questions

1) How much does one charge if a printing supply company is interested in using your photos as their sample prints?

2) I submitted my photos to a Convention and Visitors Bureau and they would like to know what arrangements I would like to set up for the use of my photos on their website and in their brochure?

I would really appreciate any feedback as I am not well versed in negotiating for the use of my images. Thank you!

Steve
    EyeImage
    sodaypolo@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    one of the many many many threads on this subject has an online calculator to help you figure this out.............it will take some time using the search feature..........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    EyeImageEyeImage Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 1, 2009
    Pricing
    Thank you very much for the advice!
    jamkat59 wrote:
    1) I would suggest looking at this 2 ways. First you could allow them one time use and ask them to put a link to your website to generate business. Second you could charge a fee based on how many copies would be printed. ASMP and others have suggested guidelines on-line.
    2) I charge two different ways depending on who it is for. First is a flat fee ($150) and then a guarantee of a link to my website. Second is to charge based the amount to be printed. Agin there are pricing guidelines on-line.

Hope this helps!
    Jammie
    Jamkat59