Options

Eastern Bride

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited October 1, 2009 in Weddings
She is my cousin from a remote village in Pakistan. She got married with my other cousin living in capital of Pakistan. This was very unique wedding for me because both of them belong to totally different backgrounds and hardly speak same languages. They never met or talked to each other. They just agreed to marry and their parents also agreed years ago, when my mom (who died last year) suggested this relationship about 15 years ago. Today after 5 days of wedding they are very happy with each other and believe this relationship was actually made in heaven :wink.

663972263_tQNK2-L.jpg

This portrait was shot just before it was time to leave home and she was not happy to leave her parents... things got emotional soon and i had to leave the place, i shot only 3 photos there. The room was very dark small and crowded with her friends and close relatives, saying goodbye to her and praying for happy life. But i was very happy to find almost white wall to reflect external flash :D:D

I hope that background tells you something about their lifestyle...
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    Wow. Beautiful image of a BEAUTIFUL bride!!!!

I kind of wish the photo would have a different background (a plain one, so it doesn't take away from the bride), but then .... I like that you photographed her in her house.

iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    Very colorful!! Awais premier wedding photog of Pakistan! (of course I know you don't want to be.. hehe!)
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Wow. Beautiful image of a BEAUTIFUL bride!!!!

I kind of wish the photo would have a different background (a plain one, so it doesn't take away from the bride), but then .... I like that you photographed her in her house.

iloveyou.gif

Thanks Angie i am glad you like it, i agree about the background too bad i could not do anything about that.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    Very colorful!! Awais premier wedding photog of Pakistan! (of course I know you don't want to be.. hehe!)
    :D:D
    Yelling at people to cooperate is impossible for me !

My Gallery
  • Options
    MishkaMishka Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    Wow...beautiful image. And I kind of like the background as it is...it gives context to the photo...and contrast. Nice!
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    What a shot!
    Just stunning--look at the colors, the clothes, her make up, the jewelry, all captured beautifully--bowdown.gif

I've been waiting for you to post some of the wedding shots.

Much luck to the bride and groom--sometimes I think arranged marriages have a much better shot then when people pick their own partners:D . Sometimes Mom does know best--No one tell my mother please.

Hope to see more from this wedding.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2009
    The colors are amazing, and she is a most beautiful woman. You captured a delicateness in her face that tells me that your cousin is a very fortunate man.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    Stunning photo! I love the use of the bounced flash and they way it lit her face. Very, very well done!

And the bride - what a gorgeous lady. And the emotion you captured! That's what it's all about! The groom is a lucky man!

And the colors and and intricate design of the clothing. Very, very special.

You've out-done yourself with this one!
  • Options
    metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    Wow. Awesome. How long did it take her to get ready?
  • Options
    met wrote:
    Wow. Awesome. How long did it take her to get ready?
    No clue may be 2 or 3 hours..

And thanks everyone for kind words :D

My Gallery
  • Options
    Lesley BrayLesley Bray Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    Just beautiful, stunning !!!!
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    Awais: I love this shot; it's beautiful. I also love the background because it speaks to reality, that such beauty can exist in modest surroundings, that everything is not always perfect, even in the face of perfection, like a blade of grass growing out of the concrete - sure, grass is beautiful flowing in the wind among other blades of grass, but that one blade, and this one bride, existing outside of perfection - that's what this shot says to me.
  • Options
    GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    Absolutely gorgeous!! I'm always in awe of Eastern textiles. Just amazing.
    She is my cousin from a remote village in Pakistan. She got married with my other cousin living in capital of Pakistan. This was very unique wedding for me because both of them belong to totally different backgrounds and hardly speak same languages. They never met or talked to each other. They just agreed to marry and their parents also agreed years ago, when my mom (who died last year) suggested this relationship about 15 years ago. Today after 5 days of wedding they are very happy with each other and believe this relationship was actually made in heaven mwink.gif.

663972263_tQNK2-L.jpg

This portrait was shot just before it was time to leave home and she was not happy to leave her parents... things got emotional soon and i had to leave the place, i shot only 3 photos there. The room was very dark small and crowded with her friends and close relatives, saying goodbye to her and praying for happy life. But i was very happy to find almost white wall to reflect external flash :D:D

I hope that background tells you something about their lifestyle...
  • Options
    Zone99Zone99 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    No clue may be 2 or 3 hours..

Show of hands from the female audience. How many of you read that and thought: "Sheesh! Typical guy!" rolleyes1.gif
    And thanks everyone for kind words :D

You deserve them. That is a fantastic shot!
    "I'm just very selective about the reality I accept" - Calvin

http://zone99.smugmug.com

Nikon D300
    Nikkor 18-70 DX
    Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 ED
    Nikon SB-600 Speedlight
    Couple o' other lenses I never use!
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    Zone99 wrote:
    Show of hands from the female audience. How many of you read that and thought: "Sheesh! Typical guy!" rolleyes1.gif

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Seriously, Awais, this is an extraordinary shot of an amazingly beautiful woman. And I think for those in the west this photo and the story behind it are very "foreign" (in a good way) - coming from a culture where arranged marriages are pretty much a thing of the past, it's a wonderful and beautiful glimpse into a very different culture. Bravo to you on so many counts!!
  • Options
    jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    I love it!
    Jaye
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2009
    LoL thanks everyone :D:D

My Gallery