Options

Another "first" wedding

ScoupeScoupe Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
edited October 3, 2009 in Weddings
I don't call myself a wedding photographer and almost always refer inquiries to folks who specialize in the field, but...

I was asked to shoot a wedding for an Indian couple living in my city, and I agreed. Had to do some serious studying to prepare for a ceremony I've never seen before. Everyone was very gracious and the couple loves the full portfolio.

The ceremony was very small, most of the bride's family couldn't attend and they had a laptop up on the riser for a live stream home for them. Without even a proper MANDAP to perform the ceremony under, they still made it a beautiful affair. I really appreciated the chance to do this.

Please be gentle, but I can take truth. I know there's a lot of flaws here. Let's just say I learned/remebered a lot.

1. A little of the Bride's Mendhi
668233749_cKE2K-M.jpg

2. The bride - I brought along a roll of really light seamless and some gels
668230569_r6u5z-M.jpg

3. The groom - he really took great shots
668230723_Qu5g5-M.jpg

4. See what I mean?
668230663_9A8Eb-M.jpg

5. The couple
668230470_vxSgu-M.jpg

6. One does what one can in a Holidome...
668230252_RfzAW-S.jpg

7. The groom's party arrives - a little shutter drag for effect
668230340_byydq-M.jpg

8. Getting artsy through the candle globe here.
668249271_oojA6-M.jpg

9. The groom guides the bride's toe to seven points, usually betel nuts, but what appears to be parched rice here?
668233380_BNB7U-M.jpg

668231721_ThPNk-M.jpg

11. Married women whisper blessings in the bride's ear. Wonder what the groom overheard?
668251382_g2X2g-M.jpg

12. Prayers after the ceremony
668230961_wDe96-M.jpg

13. The couple and a favorite niece.
668233559_5Eotj-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    I see you found and added the curry to a really boring room! I love the colors!

I think you should put your Motion blur one into the Wedding challenge; draggin the Shutter: Here

I admit to not liking the seamless shots , only because they are so...seamless....otherwise they are great shots...and when thrown into the mix of the room you were dealing with, they make sense.

cheers, ( oh, 7,8 & 10 my fav's!)
    tom wise
  • Options
    promoguypromoguy Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    Not a pro. Don't wanna be a pro. Sometimes nice to view from an eye of the guy on the street and I have to tell you if I was the couple I would have to say bravisimo.
  • Options
    lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    I like how you captured the details and traditions as well as interesting expressions-- nice work!
    Lisa
    My Website
  • Options
    ScoupeScoupe Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    Thank you all for the kind words.

Yeah, seamless was kind of a last resort. Tried to break it up using a ficus tree as a cookie, but it looked worse. Probably could have futzed around and got something that would work better, but time wasn't going to allow much more than going for what I knew I could pull off with 100% certainty of having usable images.

Appreciate the tip on the challenge, wouldn't have occured to me to even try.