Options

Central Park Drummer

sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
edited October 4, 2009 in Street and Documentary
I am very glad to see this forum.

This is a one-take, walk-by shot, taken last week, and is an example of why I love NYC, street photography, BW, and my G9.

I also had an opportunity to visit B&H for the first time - wow - it's like Disneyland for photographers.

Oh yeah, I was in the city for the birth of my first grandchild :clap.

edit: I just read the invitation for head-on, up-close photographs. I guess this qualifies. Photography is all about the interaction, the connection, as far as I'm concerned. For me, anyway.

669119528_3DCAB-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    sara505 wrote:
    I am very glad to see this forum.

This is a one-take, walk-by shot, taken last week, and is an example of why I love NYC, street photography, BW, and my G9.

I also had an opportunity to visit B&H for the first time - wow - it's like Disneyland for photographers.

Oh yeah, I was in the city for the birth of my first grandchild clap.gif.
    Congrats on the grandchild - and nice shot. And B+H is a sort of Hasidic Disneyland...rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Congrats on the grandchild - and nice shot. And B+H is a sort of Hasidic Disneyland...rolleyes1.gif

B.D. - thank you. That's why they call it Beards and Hats :D
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited October 4, 2009
    I don't see a pic. You don't have to wait for the exercise thread to get going...post it there as well if you like. deal.gif
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    I don't see a pic. You don't have to wait for the exercise thread to get going...post it there as well if you like. deal.gif

You don't see a photo? I see it, and apparently B.D. also saw it.
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2009
    sara505 wrote:
    You don't see a photo? I see it, and apparently B.D. also saw it.

Nope. And I can't see it by using the URL of the image either. Have you password protected the gallery or disabled external links? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Nope. And I can't see it by using the URL of the image either. Have you password protected the gallery or disabled external links? headscratch.gif

Aha - I made a small edit and posted the new image in my gallery, so the link was broken.
    Try this:

669166782_6ZHcY-L.jpg

Oh, and let me add, the reason I love the G9 for street photography is, it is small and unimposing. Stick my 40D with 28-70 lens in someone's face and I get quite a different response. The G9 makes me look like some random tourist, definitely non-threatening. Plus, the quality is excellent and allows me to shoot RAW and manual.
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2009
    sara505 wrote:
    Aha - I made a small edit and posted the new image in my gallery, so the link was broken.
    Try this:

nod.gifthumb.gif