Options

SOLD: Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 Nikon Mount

jobesteinjobestein Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited October 4, 2009 in Nikon Land
Lens has been SOLD.

Up for sale is my Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD. I am the second satisfied owner.

This is the screw-type AF version of the 17-50mm, and thus will NOT AF on the D40 or D60.

Everything is in the original box: front & rear caps, hood, original paper work (w/ blank warranty card). I also have the original email confirmation/sales receipt from the previous owner.

AF is quick, accurate, and consistant. There is a slight smudge on the inside of the front element where the internals touch the front element at 17mm (see pics below). Let me emphasize this is a subtle mark, has been there since the beginning of my ownership, has not changed over time, and does not affect picture quality. I simply want to represent this sale as accurately as possible. The rear glass element is free of marks.

Overall, I would rate this lens 9/10 condition, with the only flaw being the smudge.

Also included in the sale:
- B+W 67mm UV-Haze filter: $50.50 new on B&H Photo

I'm selling to finance a Nikon 85mm f/1.8. This is a great lens, I simply have a Tokina 12-24 for the wide end, Nikon 35/1.8 & 50/1.8 in the middle, and want the reach of the 85/1.8.

Given the above, I'd love to hear from someone with a Nikon 85mm f/1.8 AF-D for trade.

Update: I found an 85/1.8 locally on Craigslist, and therefore am no longer looking to trade.

Also, dropping price. Reasonable offers considered:

Now asking $275 shipped (continental US) and PayPalled for lens, and filter.

Lens has been SOLD.

More pics, including high resolution shots, available on request.

For quickest response, email me: just.steiner [at] gmail [dot] com

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2, 2009
    Tamron 17-50 f2.8: Price Drop to $325
    Updated listing to reflect price drop, and remove trade options since I found an 85mm locally.

Reasonable offers considered.
  • Options
    atatatatatat Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 2, 2009
    For anyone interested in this lens I just wanted to add that I did have an opportunity to examine this lens in person and agree 100% with sellers
    description. It really is in excellent/mint (!!) condition. I would not hesitate
    to purchase this lens. The slight smudge mentioned is nothing to worry about at all. Its extremely subtle. Probably a manufacturing/assembly anomaly. I could not detect any negative affect what so ever on any of my sample shots. The only reason I didnt take it is because I prefer a longer focal length. Had this been the Tamron 28-75 f2.8 in the same condition I would have traded instantly. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2009
    I am interested in this lens! However I am waiting for payment from a bride to purchase it. Once I get payment I can get it, so please keep me posted on what you do with it and I will keep you posted when I can pay. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2009
    Still available...
    Sent you an email, kyeezie.
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2009
    Price Drop
    New, lower price.
  • Options
    kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    Still available?? I'm ready for it! Send me a pm!
  • Options
    fadelessphotofadelessphoto Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    Payment send.
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2009
    Lens has been sold.
    Sorry Kyeezie, you just missed it by one day.