Options

Time to buy!

mtmcelvymtmcelvy Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited October 6, 2009 in Weddings
I'm finally ready to buy myself a used/refurb D300!!! :barb:ivar

That brings me to my question.. I can find a used one with low shutter count and a refurb from Nikon for roughly the same amount. Which would you choose?? Cameta Camera has a refurb with a 1yr(Cameta) warranty. eBay has them with low shutter counts that will cost $150 - $200 less but no warranty.

?????:scratch

Comments

• Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    Ya just can't beat a warranty. That being said, have you tried B&H? I have no experience with Cameta but have had nothing but great service from B&H. They sell used-demos-refurbed as well.
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2009
    last i checked they were out of the D300...
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    I bought two Nikon bodies refurbished. Both worked out great. For the extra money the warranty is well worth it in case you do get a bad one...it happens.
    As for repairs I have never had to send a Nikon body in for any kind of repair in the 7 years I have used them....knock on wood.
    Cameta is fine as is B&H.
  • Options
    bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2009
    Go for the refurb + warranty. :) Nice camera!
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2009
    I ended up ordering the refurb from Cameta. I spoke to them and was given a price $50 less then was listed on their Amazon listing along with 2 day delivery for about $20 less then their "Expidited" shipping through Amazon. They rep told me the camera was a Nikon demo refurbed by Nikon. 90 day Nikon warranty, extended to 1yr through Cameta.wings.gif

Now I just have to get over spending a nice chunk of change on myself as opposed to the wife and kids which is where I usually like to defer our "extra" funds!!!

Thanks everyone for your input...very helpful in making my choice!!
    Mike