Options

Cold....

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited October 7, 2009 in Street and Documentary
I took this at a Jewish Holocaust Memorial a couple of blocks from my office back in February. There are vents that have hot air coming out of them in the winter at the base of each of the 6 glass towers that appear as steam in the winter when it's really cold. C&C welcome.

477531393_aft6W-XL.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited October 7, 2009
    Nice work. Sure does look cold. I lived in Boston for a year a long time ago. February was so bad that I fled to Ibiza (Mediterranean island) for 15 years. lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Nice work. Sure does look cold. I lived in Boston for a year a long time ago. February was so bad that I fled to Ibiza (Mediterranean island) for 15 years. lol3.gif

Laughing.gif Thanks Richard....how does one go about find this Ibiza?mwink.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    I took this at a Jewish Holocaust Memorial a couple of blocks from my office back in February. There are vents that have hot air coming out of them in the winter at the base of each of the 6 glass towers that appear as steam in the winter when it's really cold. C&C welcome.
    ]

Very, very nice one. Well composed, good use of the steam. Just plain nice.clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Very, very nice one. Well composed, good use of the steam. Just plain nice.clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Thanks....the young woman in the shot turned and saw me at the last second "the shot above" and then began to walk foward "this shot"

673259840_J5Sxs-XL.jpg
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    Her change in demeanor cracks me up, I like the shot with her looking sullen and miserable more.

Great capture of "cold".
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2009
    Her change in demeanor cracks me up, I like the shot with her looking sullen and miserable more.

Great capture of "cold".

Thanks Liz...I like that one more as well....she almost has a model type quality about her with the hair being blown back etc...funny thing on the second one was that the steam parted right around her face....these shots are almost sooc...aside from a bit of recovery applied to get back areas in highlight.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    Thanks Liz...I like that one more as well....she almost has a model type quality about her with the hair being blown back etc...funny thing on the second one was that the steam parted right around her face....these shots are almost sooc...aside from a bit of recovery applied to get back areas in highlight.

First is definitely the much stronger image.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed