Options

for you, harry, double night heron bifs

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited June 18, 2005 in Wildlife
harry i know how much you dig the black-shouldered night herons... so here are a couple that i dig very much :D shot yesterday, about 5pm, bright sunny conditions, palo alto baylands in northern californial. canon 20d, canon 200 f/2.8L and canon 1.4x teleconverter on board. click on the pics for exifs.

25223182-L.jpg

25223187-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited June 17, 2005
    American 1457...traffic at your 12 o'clock...

Nice bifs there Andy!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2005
    Hi Andy,
    great shots...Lots of drama with that second bird blurredthumb.gif I still have not mastered the bif...I keep trying.
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 17, 2005
    Andy,
    These came out really well thumb.gifthumb I'm sure Harry is gonna love em blbl.gif

I really like the way the bird wings line up in the first shot. They could almost be the same bird clap.gif

I hope we get some decent weather tomorrow ne_nau.gif See ya then :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2005
    Very nice Andy, need a little "Top Gun" music with those ...
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2005
    andy wrote:
    harry i know how much you dig the black-shouldered night herons... so here are a couple that i dig very much :D shot yesterday, about 5pm, bright sunny conditions, palo alto baylands in northern californial. canon 20d, canon 200 f/2.8L and canon 1.4x teleconverter on board. click on the pics for exifs.
    Andy, Andy, Andy. Its a black-crowned night heron not a black-shouldered night heron. Amateurs.

Good shot but those night heron shots are getting a bit over done. Couldn't you have found a nice egret? Also you only get credit for a double BIF if both birds are in focus. Hate to be so strict but rules are rules. rolleyes1.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Andy, Andy, Andy. Its a blalck-crowned night heron not a black-shouldered night heron. Amateurs.

Good shot but those night heron shots are getting a bit over done. Couldn't you have found a nice egret? Also you only get credit for a double BIF if both birds are in focus. Hate to be so strict but rules are rules. rolleyes1.gif
    Whip.gif a little discipline is exactly what this place needs!

tiptoe.gif

*checking amazon for species identification field guide*
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2005
    Terrific compo!
    thumb.gif Looks like a good way to avoid radar detection! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2005
    so, harry, how about a triple egret bif?
    Harryb wrote:
    Andy, Andy, Andy. Its a black-crowned night heron not a black-shouldered night heron. Amateurs.

thanks for the correction - i'm so glad you are here :uhoh lol3.gif

hey - here you go, harry - just for you :D taken at the baylands, three of a kind:

25228874-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2005
    Trish323 wrote:
    Hi Andy,
    great shots...Lots of drama with that second bird blurredthumb.gif I still have not mastered the bif...I keep trying.

trish - keep trying! and thanks so much for stoppin by and commenting i really appreciate it.
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2005
    your egret shot does show much improvement and 3 for one will put you on Harrys A list :D or buy him dinner in the rain headscratch.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2005
    andy wrote:
    thanks for the correction - i'm so glad you are here uhoh2.giflol8.gif

hey - here you go, harry - just for you icon10.gif taken at the baylands, three of a kind:

25228874-L.jpg
    ok and here's 21
    37096017.jpg
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"