Options

Why don't my brushes show up?

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited October 8, 2009 in Finishing School
They're downloaded .abr files, and they're in the right directory. I can see them sittin' there in file manager, but when I go to "load brushes" via the drop down menu in the brushes palatte... nada. Nuttin' there, and they don't show up on the drop-down menu listing either.

Windows Vista+CS3. Anybody?

Tx!

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited October 8, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    They're downloaded .abr files, and they're in the right directory. I can see them sittin' there in file manager, but when I go to "load brushes" via the drop down menu in the brushes palatte... nada. Nuttin' there, and they don't show up on the drop-down menu listing either.

Windows Vista+CS3. Anybody?

Tx!

You probably already tried this, but if you just downloaded them, you need to restart CS3 before the program will see them, even though they are visible in Explorer.

Edit: also make sure that the file is not compressed. Sometimes presets are distributed as zip files...if so, you should unzip them directly into the ..\presets\brushes folde.
  • Options
    AAABluestockingAAABluestocking Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    Have you tried just typing in the exact name? you might get a weak error message but they'll be there in the bottom of the brushes pallet
    My SmugMug Galleries
    Learn the various techniques to make all things possible and then choose deliberately which you actually want-rutt
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    You probably already tried this, but if you just downloaded them, you need to restart CS3 before the program will see them, even though they are visible in Explorer.

Edit: also make sure that the file is not compressed. Sometimes presets are distributed as zip files...if so, you should unzip them directly into the ..\presets\brushes folde.

That was it! No I hadn't tried it... because I didn't know that I needed to "reboot" the program to get them to display. Awesomeness! thumb.gif
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited October 8, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    That was it! No I hadn't tried it... because I didn't know that I needed to "reboot" the program to get them to display. Awesomeness! thumb.gif

Great. :whew BTW, the same applies to all the presets you import into CS--actions, filters, whatever.
  • Options
    Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    did you hit ok to append the brushes?