Options

Flying so High

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited October 10, 2009 in Street and Documentary
Old photo shot at Lahore, using 400d and nifty fifty.
675185198_UpTCN-L.jpg

I left so much empty space to convey his state of mind....
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    Sorry Awais, this one doesn't do anything for me.

I look closely and see that the chap is smoking, and wonder if the reason that nobody is near him could be that all the other folk are non-smokers…??? eek7.gif

- Wil

:PS second thoughts: how about just the head, shoulders & cigarette? Think of the textures & the headgear…
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    Old photo shot at Lahore, using 400d and nifty fifty.
    675185198_UpTCN-L.jpg

I left so much empty space to convey his state of mind....

I'm going to make poor Wil crazy, Awais, and say this is one of your better shots. I really like the composition, with the arc of distant people over the empty pavement with your subject at the bottom. I don't know what his state of mind is, but I certainly see isolation in a crowd - which is a reality of urban life. Very niceclap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    Color isn't doing this shot any favors:

675283606_xcLo3-O.jpg
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    I love this shot. The kind of arc/rainbow of people at the top of the frame makes it seem like they're smoke, or mist, or something cool! Great eye and framing.
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    I too like the arch of people over the top of the frame. And while I would have immediately gone to B&W on this shot, you do great work with colour in your images. My only wish would have been a slightly lower perspective to have caught his feet.
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2009
    Thanks everyone. When i wonder about such people i feel like they are worry free and their mind is usually unoccupied so i left huge space on top.
    Lens was 50mm on crop body, i hope i had it on FF to frame it better with his feetmwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2009
    Thanks everyone. When i wonder about such people i feel like they are worry free and their mind is usually unoccupied so i left huge space on top.
    Lens was 50mm on crop body, i hope i had it on FF to frame it better with his feetmwink.gif

No, no no - don't blame the equipment...rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif All the fact that it was a 70 or 80 instead of a 50 means is that you had to step back a bit to get his feet in. You, not the lens, didn't get those feet.rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    No, no no - don't blame the equipment...rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif All the fact that it was a 70 or 80 instead of a 50 means is that you had to step back a bit to get his feet in. You, not the lens, didn't get those feet.rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Hahahaha
    Man, equipment don't speak other wise they would have sued Photographers like me multiple times :D

My Gallery