Options

Mac issue

Batch108Batch108 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 10, 2009 in Bug Reporting
I am a new user that logs in using our username/pwrd combination on two Macs, one using Leopard OSX and the other using Snow Leopard OSX. Up until about a week ago everything worked fine, I logged in went to 'Assistant Photos' it took me to our area to create newsletters, but doesn't show the extra menus at the top now to upload new images for a new newsletter. I have been told it's because the cache needed to be cleared. I done this and the menus started to appear again.

The next day the problem re-appeared, but despite clearing the cache and cookies it still won't show the extra menus on both OSX's?

Can anyone help with this bizarre problem, I have about 100 + newsletters to create and cannot seem to get past this problem.

Any help would be most appreciated, Batch108 :scratch

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 9, 2009
    Batch, can you provide us with a link to your site? Or send it to the help desk?

The cookies can be eaten by the browser or other security software causing problems like this. I am investigating similar problems for others but I do not have enough details yet. So anything you can provide would help a great deal.

--Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Batch108Batch108 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 10, 2009
    login and Macs
    docwalker wrote:
    Batch, can you provide us with a link to your site? Or send it to the help desk?

The cookies can be eaten by the browser or other security software causing problems like this. I am investigating similar problems for others but I do not have enough details yet. So anything you can provide would help a great deal.

--Doc

Hi Doc

I have just had a reply from Rich, with some confusion regarding my post. I tried to login again and for some reason when logged in the six additional menus now display; like 'Add Photos', 'Tools' etc; I have done nothing different tonight as opposed to other nights? Has this been a problem at your end? This doesn't make sense; I'm reluctant to log out in case I don't get the extra bits again!

Thanks Batch108
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 10, 2009
    I would recommend you continue to converse with the help desk instead of switching back and forth with Dgrin. That way we have a record of what has been done and tried. I am not sure why it would just start working unless when you logged in this time, the cookie was correctly created. If you are using the system from home, you could remain logged in. I do it all the time and never had any trouble. Hopefully we can figure out what it happened in case it does it again.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com