Options

DSS #35 C&C please

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited October 12, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Having tried a couple of ideas for this challenge which didn't work out I came up with this.

Do people think it works as a concept? And is it challenge worthy?

I apologise to those of you who read French for my atrocious grammar / spelling (I failed French in high school) :D

I also suppose that two should actually be titled "Quatre couleurs bleu"

"Trois couleurs bleu"

676945346_mBHVJ-L.jpg

676949233_Da9nJ-L.jpg

676952193_4QAKv-L.jpg

676950546_zmmsK-L.jpg

Thanks for looking

Peter
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2009
    Blue is certainly in this picture. Does it say blue to me? Not really, I also have a personal opinion that if the viewer does not 'get' the concept behind an image within the first 2 seconds than for a challenge, you face being lost in the multitude of others that blatantly communicate the theme.
    In short I don't understand it, I am guessing that the letter is a Dear John letter, but I shouldent have to read it to get the image.

Does this make it a bad concept and set of images? No, all I am saying is the communication of the theme is not coming through very well for me.
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2009
    The blue liquid is throwing me off. Is it supposed to be liquor? medicine? The blue seems to be an afterthought to your image, rather than the centerpiece ...
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Sean & Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to comment it is much appreciated.
    Your feedback tells me that there was a clearly problem with either my vision or my execution, which is useful to know. I tried re-shooting but it didn't seem any better so I went back to the drawing board.

Thanks again

Peter
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams