Options

Staring Down the Barrell...........

JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited October 12, 2009 in Sports
.........of a 400 MM f2.8. I took this from the back of the end zone during the point after attempt after a touchdown.......Thanks for looking, comments welcome.

677560218_MsfQc-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Rocketman766Rocketman766 Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2009
    too many times I look at shots and do not comment even though I think comments to myself. Mostly becuase I think I am still too inexperienced to give good C&C, but here goes anyway.

Love the shot, but would really like it more if the player's shoulder wasn't in the frame so much, but I do like the quarterback's look...

Also, looks like alot of dust or dirt on the lens...upper left corner.? my $0.02
  • Options
    austinado16austinado16 Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2009
    Very cool shot!

Maybe with a little love from Photoshop you can just "clone" the grass in the background, and the QB's uniform and make that opposing player vanish.
    Let's face it; more gear than sense.

Canon 7D... Canon 70-200/2.8L IS... Canon 28-70/2.8L... Canon 135/f2L... Canon 85/1.8... Canon 50/1.4... Canon 28/1.8
  • Options
    JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    too many times I look at shots and do not comment even though I think comments to myself. Mostly becuase I think I am still too inexperienced to give good C&C, but here goes anyway.

Love the shot, but would really like it more if the player's shoulder wasn't in the frame so much, but I do like the quarterback's look...

Also, looks like alot of dust or dirt on the lens...upper left corner.? my $0.02

I too, wish that the defensive player was not in the shot. I assure you, he was not there when I framed the shot, but moved into the frame at the last moment. And that is not dirt you are seeing, it is rain.......

Thanks!
  • Options
    tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    JohnEBongo wrote:
    I too, wish that the defensive player was not in the shot. I assure you, he was not there when I framed the shot, but moved into the frame at the last moment. And that is not dirt you are seeing, it is rain.......

Thanks!

Hey John, this one goes in the category of nice eyes, and almost. maybe a REAL tight crop on the eyes and helmet?
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
  • Options
    JeffCanonJeffCanon Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    a vertical panoramic crop could work nice as part of a player collage