Options

Maggie Parts

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited June 19, 2005 in Holy Macro
Been watching my freind Khaos, post parts of animals. I found it very interesting and intrigued me to try a little on my own.
I'm gonna throw these at ya guys, let my know how it flys :D

Maggie Beak

24418257-M.jpg

Maggie Eye

24419024-M.jpg

Maggie Nose

24418492-M.jpg

Maggie Feather

24418364-M.jpg

Maggie Foot

24418796-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    Very nice,but hat second one is awesome Benthumb.gif
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    second onethumb.gif i would keep my eye on -- not big on the others eek7.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    It's that eye disease. Everyone likes the eyes. Gotta have eyes. No eyes, no interest.

Not me. I like the beak and feather. I would try the feather again though and bump the aperture down lower to eliminate the fall off you got in the right corner.
    Nice set.thumb.gif
  • Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    I like the eyethumb.gif The feather has a great abstract feel to it. It's funny how you take something as a whole and then break it down into parts and you can come up with a totally new pic, great job.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2005
    Very nice,but hat second one is awesome Benthumb.gif

thank you John for stopping by and commenting.
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    second onethumb.gif i would keep my eye on -- not big on the others eek7.gif

funny twist of words Jeff :D
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 9, 2005
    Very nice Ben thumb.gifthumb.gif

I too really dig the eye shot clap.gif You are lucky to have such a beautiful and patient model.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2005
    Hey Ben,

Maggie's eye and feather shots were cool. I could have done w/o the Maggie's Nose shot though. I mean come on! You have to draw a line somewhere. Hmmm, maybe you did. :D
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    It's that eye disease. Everyone likes the eyes. Gotta have eyes. No eyes, no interest.

Not me. I like the beak and feather. I would try the feather again though and bump the aperture down lower to eliminate the fall off you got in the right corner.
    Nice set.thumb.gif

Yeah can't get away from the "Window to the Soul" thingy :D

But I do Like the Feather & Beak too thumb.gif
    I'll try to get a better one on the Feather soon.
    1st gotta get her to cooperate :D, she kept trying to eat my close up lens umph.gif
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2005
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    I like the eyethumb.gif The feather has a great abstract feel to it. It's funny how you take something as a whole and then break it down into parts and you can come up with a totally new pic, great job.

Eric

Thanks Eric, glad you enjoyed thumb.gif
  • Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2005
    re Maggie's bits
    Liked the feathers but was intrigued by the foot more- looks like it belongs to a crocodile or something.
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2005
    Very nice Ben thumb.gifthumb.gif

I too really dig the eye shot clap.gif You are lucky to have such a beautiful and patient model.

Steve
    Thank you Steve
    Beautiful yes Patient well Noooooo she kept trying to eat/bite my camera :lol
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Hey Ben,

Maggie's eye and feather shots were cool. I could have done w/o the Maggie's Nose shot though. I mean come on! You have to draw a line somewhere. Hmmm, maybe you did. :D
    Hey Harry
    Your lucky I didn't throw ya a Macro Maggie Butt shot :lol4
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2005
    Liked the feathers but was intrigued by the foot more- looks like it belongs to a crocodile or something.

So I gather your a foot man :D
    Thanks for looking and commenting
  • Options
    SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    I like all of 'em, the eye 1st then the feather last. I wonder if you got a bit more dof on the feather to make that pop a bit more. Super idea and really interesting. That catch light in the eye is the topper, IMHO. What lens did you use?

Susan
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2005
    SusanB wrote:
    I like all of 'em, the eye 1st then the feather last. I wonder if you got a bit more dof on the feather to make that pop a bit more. Super idea and really interesting. That catch light in the eye is the topper, IMHO. What lens did you use?

Susan

thank you Susan
    I am planing another photo shoot with Maggie, and will give the feather shot as you and Khaos pointed out another go.
    Right now I only own an FZ20. For Macro I attach either or both a Nikon 5T & 6T
  • Options
    nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2005
    Very, very clever Ben. Wonderful textures. That eye is, well its just amazing. Absolutely love that shot. thumb.gif

Danny.
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2005
    nzmacro wrote:
    Very, very clever Ben. Wonderful textures. That eye is, well its just amazing. Absolutely love that shot. thumb.gif

Danny.

Thanks NZ, I did think you would like the eye thumb.gif