Options

GTA weddings photographers.

andysandys Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 13, 2009 in Weddings
HI !

I'm new to this forum, did one wedding for one friend and they like the pics(for free), I'm in nature photography..macro, landscapes already 7 years as a hobby...but would like to try shoot some weddings , just because I like to shoot. So if someone looking for some help, with shooting weddings I would like to offer my time , for free, don't wanna any money....will use my camera and lenses and other equipment if needed,and can be helpful as a assistant or 2nd photographer. Just would like to have some opportunity to practice and learn(that instead for money) . What do you think ?
If you like to see my work : www.pbase.com/sobax

If you like to use my help, contact me, and for sure we will have meet to know better each other. I'm available on weekends.

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Some indication of your geographic location (or to where you are willing to travel if necessary) would really help out here:D

I guess GTA might mean something ... but not to me so I guess I'm not in your geographic location.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Some indication of your geographic location (or to where you are willing to travel if necessary) would really help out here:D

I guess GTA might mean something ...

I am guessing GTA = Greater Toronto Area......since OP lives in Mississauga On. Ca.(checked his profile)mwink.gifwink

So I am guessing AndyS. is looking for Photogs in the Toronto area to 2nd shoot for.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    andysandys Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 13, 2009
    Yes GTA = Greater Toronto Area

80-100km to travel is not a big problem if there is some opportunity to take some nice shots :)
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    andys wrote:
    Yes GTA = Greater Toronto Area

80-100km to travel is not a big problem if there is some opportunity to take some nice shots :)

you should find all of the FREE places you could adverise (I do not realy suggest CRAIGSLIST, cause I mostly get junk mail from listing there) and find all of the places in your area that have public bulletin boards (bookstores, markets, cafes...etc etc and get flyers and B-cards out to the public.....start calling any photog in your area that you like their work and see if you can assist or 2nd shoot for them........

I do not know anything about P-Base.....so they allow you to have a custom domain.....(www.yourname.com)??
    If so you should go to godaddy and get a cheap domain secured in your name or your business name so that you can spread the word using a branded website that connects to you by domain name also.............
    Also if you get your doamin thru godaddy you get a free email address like: yourname@yourdomainname.com - - AndySobanski@AndySobanskiPhotography.com ...... makes a huge difference rather than using a hotmail account (of which I actually have 6, 3 or 4 yahoos and 3 lycos email accounts most of which are full of spam)....I do not have spam probs with email going thru the godaddy servers....1 or 2 a month may slip thru but that is about it.

Check all of the UK and Canadian photo mags for free websites and grab them.....get on facebook, twitter, linkedin, get a blog going with photos inserted.......all of this can lead to being noticed and bring work your way..............have links on all sites possible to point to your main website and links on the main website pointing to all of your other web presences............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website