Options

Blue Ideaz

Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
edited October 14, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi all, workin on a couple ideas. Just thought i'd throw em out there and see what some more people have to say. Working on one more but not ready to expose it to everyone yet. LOL!
Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
Dreamin' of a resolution!:D

Comments

• Options
    edited October 13, 2009
    And another. couldn't figure out how to do another on the same link, unless didn't make my file small enough. Anyways, this is my other idea that i have for the moment. :)
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    d00d...#1 is a killer image!:D
    tom wise
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    I think the first is technically excellent, but shooting a harmonica on a blue surface isn't 'blueness'. Now, having a harmonica being played in a bluesy setting (real or synthetic). Also, don't the sounds only come out one side of the harmonica? Cool creation, either way.

The second is simple, eerie, and the blue makes the image. I really like it.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    Also, don't the sounds only come out one side of the harmonica? Cool creation, either way.

I guess I can see how a person might think that. I'm not sure about other wind instruments, but with a harmonica, when you blow through a hole it makes one tone and when you breathe in the same hole it makes a different tone. Also when breathing in, if you leave any size of gap for the air to escape while sucking in, it manipulates the sound. Not sure if I'm explaining this so that it makes sense, but I was also going for the interpretation of a lot of musicians when it comes to their music. That the music is already there, that it just needs to go through the instrument before people recognize it. mwink.gif I will be doing a reshoot. I kind of agree somewhat on the blue background. Thanks for the feedback Andrew and Tom. :D
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    #2 is SWEET! Simple, erie, powerful.
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    Aspecto5 wrote:
    Also, don't the sounds only come out one side of the harmonica? Cool creation, either way.

I guess I can see how a person might think that. I'm not sure about other wind instruments, but with a harmonica, when you blow through a hole it makes one tone and when you breathe in the same hole it makes a different tone. Also when breathing in, if you leave any size of gap for the air to escape while sucking in, it manipulates the sound. Not sure if I'm explaining this so that it makes sense, but I was also going for the interpretation of a lot of musicians when it comes to their music. That the music is already there, that it just needs to go through the instrument before people recognize it. mwink.gif I will be doing a reshoot. I kind of agree somewhat on the blue background. Thanks for the feedback Andrew and Tom. :D

Sweet, day is only starting, and I learned something new. I always figured the sound was still eminating from the same side, just vibrating differently.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site