Options

Mammoth Peak, Yosemite

Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
edited October 18, 2009 in Landscapes
Took this last week as I was going home from a two day camping trip in Yosemite. Tried to find a suitable place to capture the sunset. No clouds this time. This is a 3 exposure, hand-blended shot.

_MG_9704.jpg
5D, 17-40, ISO 100, f/11

Comments

• Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    looks like a great spot for camping, Mike... nice blending job, too!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited October 14, 2009
    I wonder if Yose got snow this week or just rain--I'd love to get over Tioga once more before it's closed.

Beautiful picture thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    I wonder if Yose got snow this week or just rain--I'd love to get over Tioga once more before it's closed.

Beautiful picture thumb.gif

Tioga Pass and Glacier Point are closed. Hopefully not for the season, but I have a feeling it is. Here's the webcams: http://www.yosemite.org/129/Web-Cam-View.htm?expandable=1
  • Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    Love the nice warm colors in this shot!
  • Options
    wirehuntwirehunt Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    I'm another that loves the colour in this shot, well composed to.
    Stephen Dickson: The one from the south island of New Zealand.

Work hard, play harder. bloggy
  • Options
    ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Nice shot!

Tioga Pass got snow with the storm earlier this week. It was visible on the webcam and today's webcam shot shows they've plowed the road.

Glacier Road is re-opened…I'm headed there this weekend with a buddy for a few days of poking around with cameras so we've been watching conditions closely.

I have no idea what part(s) of the park we'll hit this time but your shot sure makes me want to head out that way if possible.

Thanks for sharing it!
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2009
    Thwack wrote:
    Nice shot!

Tioga Pass got snow with the storm earlier this week. It was visible on the webcam and today's webcam shot shows they've plowed the road.

Glacier Road is re-opened…I'm headed there this weekend with a buddy for a few days of poking around with cameras so we've been watching conditions closely.

I have no idea what part(s) of the park we'll hit this time but your shot sure makes me want to head out that way if possible.

Thanks for sharing it!

I saw the cam this morning! :ivar

When I visit Yosemite 75% of the time I head up to Tioga and skip the Valley.
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Beautiful golden glow and good composition Mike clap.gif
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2009
    I saw the cam this morning! :ivar

When I visit Yosemite 75% of the time I head up to Tioga and skip the Valley.

I tend to hit the valley the most (usually with out of town guests so it's an easy good time for folks that have never seen Yosemite). I'm headed to Tuolumne Meadow and other parts along Tioga Road in about 8 hours. :D
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited October 18, 2009
    You might want to check road conditions....Tioga was closed earlier in the week. If it is open, don't forget the deli on the other side lol3.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    You might want to check road conditions....Tioga was closed earlier in the week. If it is open, don't forget the deli on the other side lol3.gif

Thanks. Tioga closed Friday due to a small rockslide in Lee Vining (according to the Ranger I spoke to Friday morning on our way in to the park). It re-opened later in the morning.

The road conditions page shows Tioga is open right now but this time of year, there's no overnight parking.