Options

New Venture

sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
edited October 14, 2009 in Go Figure
These are from the first boudoir photos I've done for a client. She's thrilled, had a great time shooting, and plans to tell all her friends, so it may become something I do now. These are a surprise for her husband for Christmas. I still have many to process.

1. 657602699_uEVDJ-L.jpg

2. 657637385_dLz4o-L.jpg

3. 657585634_kwXUy-L.jpg

Caroline

Comments

• Options
    blaser321blaser321 Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2009
    love 1 and 3
    5D mark II, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8 L IS
    EF 2.0x II extender BG-E6
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    Very clean (uncluttered) and nice..I think her hubby will be pleased. I don't know about you, but I find it much, much easier to shoot someone with fewer garments on...? not as much to distract.
    tom wise
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    All the good classic poses:-) thumb.gif
    #2 is a bit too bland for me lighting wise... Can't help but reciting one of the Joe MacNally quotes: "You don't have to light it all to make it look interesting". And your #1 kinda proves the point:-) mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    Nikolai wrote:
    All the good classic poses:-) thumb.gif
    #2 is a bit too bland for me lighting wise... Can't help but reciting one of the Joe MacNally quotes: "You don't have to light it all to make it look interesting". And your #1 kinda proves the point:-) mwink.gif

That room (in #2) was so small that my flash lit up the whole thing. I agree that it's not the most interesting lighting. It looks better in black and white, I think. Of course, my favorite is #1- the one that's most my style.

Thanks for all the comments.

Caroline
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    That room (in #2) was so small that my flash lit up the whole thing. I agree that it's not the most interesting lighting. It looks better in black and white, I think. Of course, my favorite is #1- the one that's most my style.

Thanks for all the comments.

Caroline

I actually like the lighting even tho I wouldn't light it that way. It looks fit for a commercial ad for some garment or other. That last pic is really a nice pose.

If your flash lit it up...why not turn it down?
    tom wise
  • Options
    angevin1 wrote:
    I actually like the lighting even tho I wouldn't light it that way. It looks fit for a commercial ad for some garment or other. That last pic is really a nice pose.

If your flash lit it up...why not turn it down?

True, I could have turned it down more. It was something I realized when I was processing. I don't hate the lighting, it's just not exciting. I still have some soft shadows, and I think it's pleasing overall. I may reprocess and see what I come up with.

She wants to shoot again in December, so I'll be planning and making mental notes about what kind of lighting I'll want to use. She'll be much more comfortable next time around, too. She warmed up pretty quickly when I showed her the first few shots, but now that she knows what to expect she'll have time to plan wardrobe and posing.

Caroline
  • Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    1&3 are great..... 1 is my absolute favorite. I love that sillouette style which is very classy and sexy. Great job! :)
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    Hi there,
    I like these so much better than the ones you posted on "people", she just looks very comfortable in these.

#1 is my absolute favorite, shows so much without showing a thing. Great little niche you might carve for yourself.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    I love 3, it is so serene and soothing, relaxed feminity. ( can we get spellcheck on here????)
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    Nice pics, and a nice setting. I like the colors in the room (plain and not too distracting)

Very nice!! iloveyou.gifthumb
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    Nice
    I love the first one. The second works - but I might have tried a big more depth of field for some creativity - similar to the third. The third one works but small nit is the red pillow clashes colorwise with the pink of her lingerie. I love the styling on that. My monitor could be off but the blacks are a bit too dark and mask her hair detail.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    ChatKat wrote:
    I love the first one. The second works - but I might have tried a big more depth of field for some creativity - similar to the third. The third one works but small nit is the red pillow clashes colorwise with the pink of her lingerie. I love the styling on that. My monitor could be off but the blacks are a bit too dark and mask her hair detail.

That first one is my favorite from that day. I have a few more good silhouettes of her, and some of her friend. That pillow is hot pink, not red, but I agree that it's not the best fit. If I shoot her at her house again, I'll throw the pillow under the bed!

Caroline