Options

Art Splash!

OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
edited October 14, 2009 in Street and Documentary
It has been a long time since posting but I love the idea of this street & PJ forum. I hope these shots qualify for this thread, if not please move it to where it would belong. These were taken at a artists street fair where they spent two days creating their art on the streets of Carlsbad,Ca. All shot with Dslr and 70-300 zoom. Sorry for so many images, it was just a great day of shooting. Thanks for looking and C&C's welcome too.

667527122_AREL4-M.jpg

667525503_CKjYC-M.jpg

667525540_PA3SB-M.jpg

667525432_PHrrd-M.jpg

667527164_fXYo7-M.jpg
Have a great day!
Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited October 14, 2009
    Great expression and composition in #2 and #3 is wonderfully disorienting. Good use of color (cough, cough mwink.gif). Well done thumb.gif.
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    #2 is fantastic, love that laugh you captured.
    I like how in #3 her foot protrudes into the car she is drawing. Creates a neat perspective.

Nice set!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    OrvSal wrote:
    It has been a long time since posting but I love the idea of this street & PJ forum. I hope these shots qualify for this thread, if not please move it to where it would belong. These were taken at a artists street fair where they spent two days creating their art on the streets of Carlsbad,Ca. All shot with Dslr and 70-300 zoom. Sorry for so many images, it was just a great day of shooting. Thanks for looking and C&C's welcome too.

2,3,4 + 5 are very nice. If I was going to criticize at all, I'd say I'd love to have seen the left foot in #2, and I have to ask how the young woman in #3 managed to hang on that vertical wall to do her drawing - amazing!rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    Thank you all for the nice comments. It was a fun day with so many photo ops to take advantage of. I just purchesed Topaz and was trying to learn how to apply it to bring out detail and colors without going too far. Hope it worked that way. I too wish I had the girls whole foot in #2. These were also shoot with many people milling about so shooting close up was the only option. These were all full frame shots.
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    Your set captures the feel of the fair well. Each contributes well. I like #3 best, probably because I imagine that is the shot I would have sought to take.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    3rd working for me clap.gif
    very nice series
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    EdgleyEdgley Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    2 and 3 for me, but I dig the expression on the bloke in 1; its like he's heard the story a thousand times already, and thats just today.
    Nikon, Mac
  • Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    2,3,4 + 5 are very nice. If I was going to criticize at all, I'd say I'd love to have seen the left foot in #2, and I have to ask how the young woman in #3 managed to hang on that vertical wall to do her drawing - amazing!rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Actually, the gal in #3 is drawing on the sidewalk or pavement, a horizontal surface, but I can see how one can be fooled into thinking it's a vertical surface.

Or, did you already know that?
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    Hi Chuck, your right about the girl drawing on the roadway People thought I was nuts at the angle I shot it at but I wanted to crop close to show the action and crop out all the folks hanging around her. I see you are from Carlsbad too, very lovely place to live! This was the yearly Art Splash, held just above the flower fields.
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA