Options

Different PP -- thoughts??

imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
edited October 15, 2009 in People
Inspired by heatherfeather's post, I took my daughter out the other day. It was overcast, but the grass behind her was crayola green and her poncho was brown and pink... What are your thoughts?? Too heavily done? Too brown?? Too flat???

674154156_wtJLi-L.jpg
Blessings,
Marjohn

Images of Him Photography

Comments

• Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    I'm afraid the processing is way overdone. The shot looks cute, though.

Caroline
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Wow. I actually like the processing you did.

If she wouldn't be wearing glasses or earrings, this would look like a reallllllly old photo thumb.gif
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    I like it as well..except for perhaps the face. I guess it depends on her natural skin color though.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    I LOVE it!!! I think sometimes overprocessing is fun...depending on the mood of the shot and the clothing they are wearing etc. I actually did some shots yesterday (spur of the moment) and dd was wearing pink and maroon with a brightly striped hat. It didn't completely fit the scenery, so I worked 'em up a bit. I think THIS is the joy of the digital era. You can REALLY create something unique and personal. True, it looses the orignal photo sometimes entirely, but it ALSO brings a new art to the picture, a new perspecitve and a vantage point that is artistically YOURS. It TOTALLY depends where you want to go with the picture. The SKY is the limit and I personally really like this!
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Wow. I actually like the processing you did.

If she wouldn't be wearing glasses or earrings, this would look like a reallllllly old photo thumb.gif

Thanks---reminds me to pay attention to EVERY detail! I now know I have to re-shoot without the glasses and earrings... maybe get a more solemn look out of her... Could even go so far as to add a little dirt on her face. The "really old" look is exactly what I was going for... glad you could see it!
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

• Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    I like it as well..except for perhaps the face. I guess it depends on her natural skin color though.

Her natural skin color is really olive... however, I might play with this a little more so that it doesn't look so ruddy... thanks for the observation!
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

• Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    kidzmom wrote:
    I LOVE it!!! I think sometimes overprocessing is fun...depending on the mood of the shot and the clothing they are wearing etc. I actually did some shots yesterday (spur of the moment) and dd was wearing pink and maroon with a brightly striped hat. It didn't completely fit the scenery, so I worked 'em up a bit. I think THIS is the joy of the digital era. You can REALLY create something unique and personal. True, it looses the orignal photo sometimes entirely, but it ALSO brings a new art to the picture, a new perspecitve and a vantage point that is artistically YOURS. It TOTALLY depends where you want to go with the picture. The SKY is the limit and I personally really like this!

My thoughts exactly!!! I also thought about making this really 70's looking---not 70's processing, but 70's "dropped-a-hit-of-acid" looking, by adding neon contrasting... could be really fun to play with in the future!!
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

• Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    What looks over processed to me is her skin. On my screen is looks like an uneven spray tan. I very much like what this processing does to the background.

Caroline
  • Options
    D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    What looks over processed to me is her skin. On my screen is looks like an uneven spray tan. I very much like what this processing does to the background.

Caroline

Yup.