Options

Eeerie reflection

txtelevisiontxtelevision Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited October 15, 2009 in Go Figure
Check out this reflection. I did not create the reflection in post production, it was there when we reviewed it out of the camera.

656714879_22g7G-L-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    Check out this reflection. I did not create the reflection in post production, it was there when we reviewed it out of the camera.

Nice!
    Kudos to your model agreeing to get wet, and kudos to you for getting such a nice low vantage point! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    cdubcdub Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Nice!
    Kudos to your model agreeing to get wet, and kudos to you for getting such a nice low vantage point! thumb.gif

Yeah, no kidding! That reflection sure is creepy, but the rest of the photo is great. I would crop above the reflection - then the photo is ace. That flower falling down her shoulder really does something for me. Great colors and lighting. Skin tone looks a bit plastic-y and there's some funky bokeh going on... Perhaps a little too active in the post-processing noise reduction? But only slightly impacts the photo.
    CW
    (shoot first, then ask questions)

www.cdub.ca | www.cdubphoto.smugmug.com | Twitter | Canon 5DII + Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Canon 580EX II, Gitzo GT1541 + Acratech GV2L
  • Options
    rmwphotormwphoto Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    Cool picture!!
    Ya it's the alternet universe looking back.
    www.rmwphoto.ca
    Canon XSI
    18-55 AF IS
    55-250 AF IS
    Canon 430 EXII Flash
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2009
    cdub wrote:
    Yeah, no kidding! That reflection sure is creepy, but the rest of the photo is great. I would crop above the reflection - then the photo is ace. That flower falling down her shoulder really does something for me. Great colors and lighting. Skin tone looks a bit plastic-y and there's some funky bokeh going on... Perhaps a little too active in the post-processing noise reduction? But only slightly impacts the photo.

Thank you for your comments. The bokeh is probably caused by Topaz, the filter I used on everything but the skin. I can't bring myself to crop above the reflection. While it is creepy, I think it is the coolest part of the picture. I am just getting into this so I appreciate the comments and critique.
  • Options
    CrossbarphotoCrossbarphoto Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2009
    The way the reflection picks up her eye is very interesting, and yes, just a bit eerie.

Wonderful colors and beautiful model. Would love to see more from this series.thumb.gif
  • Options
    christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2009
    Hi,

I like the shot, but the colours and skin tone look 'unbalanced' and 'plasticy' on my monitor. Would love to see it with a bit less PP.

Hope to see more!
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2009
    I'm in the minority here in that I really like the reflection.clap.gif
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2009
    I received an email from smugmug that they do not allow nudity, so I cropped the picture.
  • Options
    CrossbarphotoCrossbarphoto Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2009
    I received an email from smugmug that they do not allow nudity, so I cropped the picture.

I believe they do, but they must in a password protected gallery.
  • Options
    D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    I wouldn't do a thing about the reflection and I don't have a clue what that email you recieved, was (?????). This IS where shots like yours are SUPPOSED to be.