Options

Contract Quote

skannenbergskannenberg Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 15, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
I was recently asked a local community tourism committee if they could use my image for the cover of their tourism guide and they would give me an add free of charge. I allowed that.

They then asked if I would be interested in a 6 month or 12 month contract to shoot other images for them. My question is- any ideas. They would email me when they needed new images (I would get to choose what it would be) and it would be on their website and in the next tourism guide. Any ideas???

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    I was recently asked a local community tourism committee if they could use my image for the cover of their tourism guide and they would give me an add free of charge. I allowed that.

They then asked if I would be interested in a 6 month or 12 month contract to shoot other images for them. My question is- any ideas. They would email me when they needed new images (I would get to choose what it would be) and it would be on their website and in the next tourism guide. Any ideas???
    $25-50K
    Retainer fee $5-10K

Basically you would be on call and when they call they will hit you with a deadline and it could interfer with your regular photo work schedule so you want to make sure it is worth your while and theirs.............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    skannenbergskannenberg Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 14, 2009
    They know that I am not in the immediate community and stated it would be at my own leisure. So, I'm guessing just like once a month or so they would have a couple shots for me. They also said that I would get an email or phone call well in advance to give me enough time to plan.

I work full time as a digital artist at a photography studio- so this would just be more of a fun side job.
  • Options
    BlakerBlaker Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    They know that I am not in the immediate community and stated it would be at my own leisure. So, I'm guessing just like once a month or so they would have a couple shots for me. They also said that I would get an email or phone call well in advance to give me enough time to plan.

I work full time as a digital artist at a photography studio- so this would just be more of a fun side job.

In that case I don't see the need for a 12 month contract. Have them call you when they need something and then charge them for each shoot as you do it.
  • Options
    bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Why pass on money they're offering you? At least establish a retainer for your services, even if you don't specify that you'll be on call 24/7.