Options

I'm so excited, I could pee my pants!

IdahoMotomomIdahoMotomom Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited October 16, 2009 in Sports
Ah, gotcha looking.

Anyway, I just purchased a slightly used 1D, Mark II N, and it will be here on Monday. I've been shooting motocross and soccer with a Rebel XTi and a Sigma 70-200, 2.8 and cannot wait to try this baby out.

I will hopefully be getting some great shots to share and get C&C.

Love this site and the talent you share!:barb

Comments

• Options
    TechvTechv Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    Congratulations!
    Going from the XTi to the 1DIIn is going to be like upgrading from a 50cc scooter to a 250cc speed bike. It should be a perfect match to your 70-200, making a huge difference in focus speed.

Have fun!
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2009
    Techv wrote:
    Congratulations!
    Going from the XTi to the 1DIIn is going to be like upgrading from a 50cc scooter to a 250cc speed bike. It should be a perfect match to your 70-200, making a huge difference in focus speed.

Have fun!

Well since I grew up riding horses and now ride a CRF150RB motocross bike (doubles, tabletops and all), I know EXACTLY what that's going to feel like and I can't wait!
  • Options
    nw scoutnw scout Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    I don't know about the lens, but the camera is great.
    Best sports camera ever made IMO. thumb.gif
    I have shot hundreds of ads for motorcycle companies with this camera.
    It is bullet proof. I have had it on race tracks all over the country and on snowmobile shoots where it was -30 and it just flat out performs excellent everywhere!!!

Great choice in cameraclap.gif
  • Options
    kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    Once you use it you likely "will" pee your pants. :D

I saw a huge difference coming from a 40D. Coming from a Rebel body is like going from a Yugo to Hennesey Viper.

Gene
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    I hope to take many great photos with my new camera. My little Rebel was decent, but I can clearly take better shots. Here's one from the XT I took in September. Now I also need to learn post processing in photoshop that I haven't used in years.

2iha6f7.jpg
  • Options
    kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    I hope to take many great photos with my new camera. My little Rebel was decent, but I can clearly take better shots. Here's one from the XT I took in September. Now I also need to learn post processing in photoshop that I haven't used in years.

I would look into Light Room. With the 8.5fps burst rate you'll need something fast and easy. I just downloaded the demo. It's much easier and faster (at least for me) than trying to use PS or in my case PSE.

Gene
  • Options
    CrossbarphotoCrossbarphoto Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    +1 on working in Lightroom. It takes a 'bit' to get over the conceptual hurdle, but in the end the workflow is brilliant!

I have been shooting with an old 1d Mark I for nearly 7 years. I wouldn't trade it for anything! But I would love to add a Mark IIn to my bag! Actually been shopping Craigslist for one locally. Maybe soon!

Good luck with the new camera. Can't wait to see some more MotoX shots! thumb.gif