digital self incrimination

gypsy77360gypsy77360 Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited May 13, 2004 in The Big Picture
Harboring ambivalent feelings re the recent scandal in Iraqi prison----I am wondering ,
With the advent of digital imaging ,ease of transmission etc. , who in the world would be stupid enough to be documented doing blatantly illegal acts ? I bet the C.O.'s , all the way up the chain are cringing at the dumbasses under their command. So much for the all volunteer Army.
AND --- who leaked the images ? :dunno

Comments

• SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2004
    Gypsy, I have much to say on the matter, not very nice. I've spoken at more length on my own site, talktothehand.org. At this point, I am heartsick over the death of Nick Berg. We just learned yesterday that he was a good high school friend of the girlfriend one of our regular poster who lives in New York. I wanted to cry when I heard about it, and reading her thoughts and memories has made it worse.

I think I'll stop here, or I'll end up going on quite a long rant. However, I think the court marshalls are starting on the wrong end, though I am not at all surprised that those who were so.. gullible? stupid? ignorant? as to let themselves be photographed are the first to be charged and brought to military hearings. The whole thing just boggles my mind. As well as those who took the pictures.
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery