Options

Dgrin doesn't like SM avatars?

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited October 16, 2009 in Dgrin Forum Support
:cry

Went to change my avatar, but even with a link to a SM "tiny" image I keep getting "invalid url".

I'm now faceless since I tried to clear it by selecting "no avatar", but can't get any others to load!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Please see the how to do anything sticky in this very forum :D

Avatars get uploaded not linked - and they need to be 80x80.
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Please see the how to do anything sticky in this very forum :D

Avatars get uploaded not linked - and they need to be 80x80.

Will do but... I know I've linked them in the past :D
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Diva, this has been buggy for a while. In the URL, you need to change the customized part of your domain to the smuggy version. For example, for mine, it means changing the theoriginalblackcat.com to blackcatphoto.smugmug.com and DGrin will finally recognize it. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2009
    Thanks L. In the end, I gave up and did it the hard way (open PS, crop photo square, resize photo to 80x80, rename photo, upload photo). But linking is for sure easier, so I'll remember your workaround!

Sorry to have pestered y'all with old news :hide :tiptoe Thanks for the help! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2009
    Buggy is the word. I just was trying to make another change, and again cropped, resized to 80x80 and uploaded.

It now says the file size is too big. BUT.... the image is actually fewer kb than the 80x80 crop I successfully used in last night's upload!

Obviously it's no big deal (avatars are pretty far down the priority chain of life!), but ... it's definitely inconsistent in its preferences. FWIW.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    The avatar link-thing is very buggy, the avatar upload a little buggy. I have linked avatars in the past without problems, but it does give a lot of problems a lot of the time. It's a VB bug/problem, I wish I had a fix and different answer rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    The avatar link-thing is very buggy, the avatar upload a little buggy. I have linked avatars in the past without problems, but it does give a lot of problems a lot of the time. It's a VB bug/problem, I wish I had a fix and different answer rolleyes1.gif

Tx Ivar - I must have been lucky in the past, because it always worked w/a alink, no problem. Now I know it's not me doing something wrong but The System, I can use the workarounds as needed. Thanks for the reply thumb.gif