Options

Company Logo On Finished Prints

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited October 16, 2009 in Finishing School
I am not sure if this is the right thread to put this in but I had a question. I'm curious how other studios/photogs print their logo on their finished prints. Many I've seen seem to be raised gold leaf or something. Any insight would be great.

Thanks
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    The raise gold is a heat transfer of gold foil....I had the slugs made over 30 yrs a go and my processor kept them in a file for me and all images they made for me were gold foil imprinted....looks good and pro, could easily be removed with a special removing solution....wipe clean no evidence of ever being "copyrighted" or knowing who the photog was......I had people coming to me to get a copy neg made of these but at the time I cold recognize a little over have of the photogs work here in Wichita and of course I would refuse to make copy negs.....the solution could be bought at any of the rubber stamp and ink companies here.

Now I am working a a sig with photoshop that I will trade mark as well....once done I will go thru all images and add it to them...........until then I have made a signature with a Waccom Tablet that works.....I use a med dark yellow for most images but some just scream for a "silver".....when printed the siggy is about 1 1/2" from the edge of the print and approx 2" from the bottom....and I add a 2 digit year for year taken. I also have the same file availble for signing with an archival acid free gold or silver paint pen......those are the custome orders and the "digital siggy" are the ones that will wind up on SM, REd BUbble and other sites for sale.

Also all files are embedded with a copyright notice in the exif, placed there the moment the shutter cliks....gotta love Nikon for that....................

EDIT: VEACH COMPANY ...........Where most photogs got their hot foil hand stamping machines.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    The raise gold is a heat transfer of gold foil....I had the slugs made over 30 yrs a go and my processor kept them in a file for me and all images they made for me were gold foil imprinted....looks good and pro, could easily be removed with a special removing solution....wipe clean no evidence of ever being "copyrighted" or knowing who the photog was......I had people coming to me to get a copy neg made of these but at the time I cold recognize a little over have of the photogs work here in Wichita and of course I would refuse to make copy negs.....the solution could be bought at any of the rubber stamp and ink companies here.

Now I am working a a sig with photoshop that I will trade mark as well....once done I will go thru all images and add it to them...........until then I have made a signature with a Waccom Tablet that works.....I use a med dark yellow for most images but some just scream for a "silver".....when printed the siggy is about 1 1/2" from the edge of the print and approx 2" from the bottom....and I add a 2 digit year for year taken. I also have the same file availble for signing with an archival acid free gold or silver paint pen......those are the custome orders and the "digital siggy" are the ones that will wind up on SM, REd BUbble and other sites for sale.

Also all files are embedded with a copyright notice in the exif, placed there the moment the shutter cliks....gotta love Nikon for that....................

Thanks for the info Art. I have a sig I created on my Wacom that I use for all my prints now....I was just curious how others did their logos on finished prints.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    You're welcome and that was/ is for finished products.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website