Options

Hispanic Day Parade 2009--NYC

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited October 17, 2009 in Street and Documentary
For as long as I can remember my family has participated in parades, in particular the big one down 5th Avenue in NYC, which stretches for about 30 blocks.

This is the first year no one from my family participated, and wouldn't you know it, this is the first time I had a crack at taking photos of the parade from inside the parade route. I was not blessed with the dancing gene, not this type of dancing anyway so I guess those who can't dance, photograph:D . I had the time of my life and I think I walked away with some nice shots--enjoy--C&C always welcome.

680133338_3MGfY-XL.jpg

680135919_UqRtp-XL.jpg

3.Wardrobe malfunction
680141069_W96gm-XL.jpg

680145804_yS9p9-XL.jpg

680146377_vn2Ls-XL.jpg

680148893_v7p9G-XL.jpg

680145204_YxPpX-XL.jpg

680151630_ViWmq-XL.jpg

680152336_4U3FD-XL.jpg

680149744_yG5Gy-XL.jpg

11. 680137604_Xf7AK-XL.jpg

680150577_SS34G-XL.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Wonderful shots across the board. 4/5/6 are my favorite set. 4 since she's just cute. I like the way you set up 5. In six I like the attentiveness of the one boy next to the frown on the one next to him.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    What a great set, Liz. I can't believe how far you've come in just a couple of months! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Wonderful shots across the board. 4/5/6 are my favorite set. 4 since she's just cute. I like the way you set up 5. In six I like the attentiveness of the one boy next to the frown on the one next to him.

Thanks Andrew!
    #6 actually probably belongs in "street/PJ" it says so much. I don't know if they are getting an earful or what? But they are not too happy.

BTW had I clicked the shutter a second later on #4 I would have caught her with her gum falling out, so cute.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    What a great set, Liz. I can't believe how far you've come in just a couple of months! thumb.gif

Thank you Divamum:D
    I noticed when I was shooting some of the photos that I was thinking about the wedding forum and shots like #5 are the result.

I learn a little something from all the forums here.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2009
    hmmm--this was posted in"people", but it's now in "PJ/Street"--wondering why? Not that I mind--just curious.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,927 moderator
    edited October 15, 2009
    hmmm--this was posted in"people", but it's now in "PJ/Street"--wondering why? Not that I mind--just curious.

One of the mods moved it, probably because it seemed like photojournalism, a colorful event. I think you captured it well. thumb.gif
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Wonderful set Liz, you have a great eyethumb.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2009
    ic4u wrote:
    Wonderful set Liz, you have a great eyethumb.gif

Thank you Karin and Richard:)
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Lots of colors ! very nice photos
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2009
    Thank you Awais---Yet another reason why you have to visit NYC.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Hey, Liz, these are really cool! I agree with Andrew's assesment of 4, 5, and 6. 2, 7 and 12 are also very nice. I like the way the boy (I can say boy, because he is younger than one of my boys :D ) in the background is looking at her in #2. I like the out of focus repetition in #7. And I like the happy feet in #12. clap.gif
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    These are a wonderful set. I still favor the ones with the kids. Best for me is #6 as I imagine the boy is going to be mad the whole darn time for having to wear such a "stupid" costume and marching in this "stupid" parade when he can be elsewhere having fun gerg.gif ...
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    These are a wonderful set. I still favor the ones with the kids. Best for me is #6 as I imagine the boy is going to be mad the whole darn time for having to wear such a "stupid" costume and marching in this "stupid" parade when he can be elsewhere having fun gerg.gif ...

Rainbow,
    You cracked me up. I had not thought of that--I thought he was probably being forced to smile etc. I like your interpretation of the shot.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2009
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    Hey, Liz, these are really cool! I agree with Andrew's assesment of 4, 5, and 6. 2, 7 and 12 are also very nice. I like the way the boy (I can say boy, because he is younger than one of my boys :D ) in the background is looking at her in #2. I like the out of focus repetition in #7. And I like the happy feet in #12. clap.gif

When I first saw the shot on my liveview screen I thought it was a beautiful shot of her---Then I looked at them on my screen and yes she's still beautiful, but I didn't think the shot was as great as I thought on liveview, that is until I saw the way he was looking at her (now it's one of my favorites). I'm glad you picked up on that. That boy is definately smitten, just looks to be heads over heels and I doubt she knows it--unless she sees this shot:)
    Liz A.
    _________